paradigm monitor series [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : paradigm monitor series

diggity
03-13-2008, 05:59 AM
hello all. i am considering buying this brand for a 5.1 channel theatre set up. i am looking at the monitor series in particular. i like the sound but dont know much about the brand. has any one had any good/bad experiences with this brand?

thanks in advance
diggity

Feanor
03-13-2008, 07:33 AM
hello all. i am considering buying this brand for a 5.1 channel theatre set up. i am looking at the monitor series in particular. i like the sound but dont know much about the brand. has any one had any good/bad experiences with this brand?

thanks in advance
diggity

Paradigm is a major speaker manufacturer, in fact one of the largest in the world after Bose and B&W. I own older version Atom and MiniMonitor speakers, both Monitor series and both are well-made and well-performing. I would have no concerns about Paradigm as a brand.

The Paradigm Studio series has the better reputation for sound but is also significantly more expensive.

N. Abstentia
03-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I don't think you'll find any bad experiences with Paradigm.

speakeroligist_38
03-14-2008, 05:01 PM
I have owned lots of Paradigm speakers and NOT once has any of them sounded bad. The new Monitor series has really been stepped up. It is hard to go wrong with Paradigm. However, sub wise there are better choices for the money. The Servo15 is a beast and in one word-AWESOME!!!!!! But, it is also very expensive. :smilewinkgrin:

blackraven
03-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Paradigm=quality speakers!

Damn Diggity, you have a nice ass!:wink5:

diggity
03-14-2008, 11:51 PM
thanks it is my best asset...lol (get it)

diggity
03-14-2008, 11:53 PM
thanks guys i think the monitor is the best for my situation as it only going into my second room. they just seem really good value.

cheers:" diggity

Jack in Wilmington
03-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey Diggity, I have a full 5.1 Paradigm setup and it is great for HT. Any time I have friends stop by to check out a new piece of the on going AV puzzle, they always leave impressed. I had some of the guys from work stop by when I purchased my new Onkyo receiver in Feb. When I told them I was upgrading my main speakers, they all wanted to know how much I was going to be asking for them. Guess I won't have to list them on Ebay.

frenchmon
03-17-2008, 08:24 AM
I've owned the Paradigm Monitor 7 v3 and they are a very good natural sounding and very clear speaker. Infact I prefer it over the Monitor 7 v5.

frenchmon

f0rge
03-18-2008, 07:33 AM
i've done quite a bit of listening with all brands of paradigm and they are a quality speaker, you wont be disappointed.

Rich-n-Texas
03-18-2008, 07:58 AM
...Damn Diggity, you have a nice ass!:wink5:
I got blown off when I mentioned that. :frown2:

blackraven
03-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I got blown off when I mentioned that. :frown2:

Thats because I offered to spank it:devil: