Anyone else getting PM spam from Robin Banks? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting PM spam from Robin Banks?

markw
03-10-2008, 10:53 AM
just wondering...

Rich-n-Texas
03-10-2008, 10:56 AM
This was happening to some people a couple of weeks ago. E-stat just today deleted a post this spammer put in a discussion in (I think) the Speakers section.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-10-2008, 11:26 AM
I did Mark. I spammed them back with the how to get the Sir T cussout kit. What I do not understand is why folks get so upset when I sent them a kit.

Woochifer
03-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Yup, got one this morning.

Woochifer
03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I did Mark. I spammed them back with the how to get the Sir T cussout kit. What I do not understand is why folks get so upset when I sent them a kit.

Is that kit included with any of those HD-DVD closeout deals? I might need to get me one, if that's the case! :cornut:

GMichael
03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Not yet. Maybe I don't rate.

noddin0ff
03-10-2008, 12:12 PM
yup. (extra characters)

Ajani
03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Yep... I've received the same Spam...

basite
03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
got one 2 days ago...

can someone just ban the pr!ck?

please?

keep them spinning,
Bert.

JohnMichael
03-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Hello all. The ban is in place. Now one thing I would like to mention is this problem has been going on for awhile and it has happened to me on other sites. I did start a thread and made it a sticky in General Audio asking anyone who is spammed to forward it to me and I will ban the spammer. I am sure Robin will not be the last and most spammers will not spam a mod so please let me know when it happens. Thanks again.

03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Hello all. The ban is in place. Now one thing I would like to mention is this problem has been going on for awhile and it has happened to me on other sites. I did start a thread and made it a sticky in General Audio asking anyone who is spammed to forward it to me and I will ban the spammer. I am sure Robin will not be the last and most spammers will not spam a mod so please let me know when it happens. Thanks again.

You have just ruined my oportunity to sell Robin an additional cussout kit. Now I am angry, are you going Toshiba on me here, trying to ruin my action?

JohnMichael
03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
You have just ruined my oportunity to sell Robin an additional cussout kit. Now I am angry, are you going Toshiba on me here, trying to ruin my action?

Let me check and see what her e-mail is and you can send it directly or I can release the ban when you are ready and ban her again after delivery. Always happy to help.

03-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Let me check and see what her e-mail is and you can send it directly or I can release the ban when you are ready and ban her again after delivery. Always happy to help.

Thanks J, you are king amoung princes

markw
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
I did start a thread and made it a sticky in General Audio asking anyone who is spammed to forward it to me and I will ban the spammer. Thanks again.And so you did. And, yes, I did read it back then but somehow the subject matter of that sticky thread didn't , uh... , stick. sorry...

Prerhaps you could rename it "Attention Members - PM Spam" so I, and/or other slow on the uptake regulars, might remember it's original intent?

Les Adams
03-12-2008, 12:03 AM

I need to know what this kit is and where to get one!

markw
03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
I need to know what this kit is and where to get one!Just send him a PM trying to sell him something. :)

GMichael
03-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Just send him a PM trying to sell him something. :)

I tried that. All he said was for me to stop playing around and get back to work.
Serves me right for saying that to others so often.
:skep: