Linn Isobarik DMS [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Linn Isobarik DMS

well yeah
03-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi:smilewinkgrin:

Soon I am thinking about moving on to another linn speaker to replace my beloved linn keilidh speakers. I am a person that really loves music that sounds dynamic, detailed, fast and deep. The music I listen to are Daft Punk, Nirvana, Pat metheny and yello and my system compliments my music taste very well. I whant to venture the isobarik sound, so in mind I am considering to get the linn isobarik dms speakers. But I'm not to sure if their ideal for me? I have been with so many speakers such as b&w, Mordaunt Short, Kef, Acoustic Energy and bose, and all these has failed to impress me:nonod: So I am a linn lover, as I respect their good sound stageing, dynamics, detail and craftsman ship.

I use very good equipment in my system,

I use a linn klout power amp, Roksan Kandy mk3 intergrated amp (as the pre)
Sonneeter Byron CD Player
Michell Syncro Turntble with rega RB300 Arm and Shure V15 Type 111 cartridge
Linn K400 Bi-Wire cables

And please bare in mind not to mention aktiv:prrr: , as I can't afford to have power amps and cards all over the place:shocked:

Ok I am open to all your suggestions and please tell me if the isobariks are ideal or not. I will highly appreciate your help, so that I can put my mind to rest:14:

Thank you:D

Shane UK:biggrin5:

xenophile
03-11-2008, 04:46 AM
The only time I heard a pair they were in a small (4x4m?) listening room and seemed to suffer badly from that. I think they need space.

well yeah
03-11-2008, 08:28 AM
The only time I heard a pair they were in a small (4x4m?) listening room and seemed to suffer badly from that. I think they need space.

Ok,

Thank you for telling me.

Thanks

Shane:thumbsup:

well yeah
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Ok,

Please keep up your helpfull replys coming in. As It hepls a lot

Shane

well yeah
03-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi:smilewinkgrin:

Soon I am thinking about moving on to another linn speaker to replace my beloved linn keilidh speakers. I am a person that really loves music that sounds dynamic, detailed, fast and deep. The music I listen to are Daft Punk, Nirvana, Pat metheny and yello and my system compliments my music taste very well. I whant to venture the isobarik sound, so in mind I am considering to get the linn isobarik dms speakers. But I'm not to sure if their ideal for me? I have been with so many speakers such as b&w, Mordaunt Short, Kef, Acoustic Energy and bose, and all these has failed to impress me:nonod: So I am a linn lover, as I respect their good sound stageing, dynamics, detail and craftsman ship.

I use very good equipment in my system,

I use a linn klout power amp, Roksan Kandy mk3 intergrated amp (as the pre)
Sonneeter Byron CD Player
Michell Syncro Turntble with rega RB300 Arm and Shure V15 Type 111 cartridge
Linn K400 Bi-Wire cables

And please bare in mind not to mention aktiv:prrr: , as I can't afford to have power amps and cards all over the place:shocked:

Ok I am open to all your suggestions and please tell me if the isobariks are ideal or not. I will highly appreciate your help, so that I can put my mind to rest:14:

Thank you:D

Shane UK:biggrin5:

Hi,

I am open to all of your opinions and suggestions. So please don't be afraid to tell me.
And I know some of you were going to mention aktiv, but as you may have noticed I said don't mention aktiv. To be honest I can't afford to have aktiv set up, as I can't stand having poweramps and cables going all over the place. All what I whant to know is weather the isobarik speakers will be ideal for me and my system? So who ever is experianced with the isobariks, please tell me your views about them. Because I never know that I can be making a big misteak on getting the isobariks.

Thank you

Shane:)