Do any of you Southerners want to adopt me? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you Southerners want to adopt me?

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Just until May. Then I'll go back home.

Just for fun, here's a picture of the snow in front of our house which is now officially one Ford Escape high. :incazzato:

JohnMichael
03-09-2008, 07:07 AM
You are welcome in my home anytime. Sadly I am not that far south in Ohio but I may be the only memeber your husband would not be concerned about an extended stay. Or we could stay at my new BF's house. He is restoring the family estate. The home has 29 rooms and is 9,500 sq ft. Of course we might be asked to help clean.

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Here's the backyard. The ground is about two feet down from the floor level. The snow is about a foot higher than the floor level. You do the math. :19:

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2008, 07:13 AM
You are welcome in my home anytime. Sadly I am not that far south in Ohio but I may be the only memeber your husband would not be concerned about an extended stay. Or we could stay at my new BF's house. He is restoring the family estate. The home has 29 rooms and is 9,500 sq ft. Of course we might be asked to help clean.

Does the estate have a pool? :D

musicman1999
03-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Wow, Autumn where do you live? Here in Halifax it was 50 degrees F and raining so hard you could not see the street and that was at midnight last night, must be the same storm only we got rain.

bill

Rich-n-Texas
03-09-2008, 09:09 AM

Just for fun, here's a picture of the snow in front of our house which is now officially one Ford Escape high. :incazzato:
:19:
He he he snicker snicker :biggrin5:

We had snow on Thursday night. I had about 1" on the ground when I woke up Friday morning. By the end of the day it was gone.

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Wow, Autumn where do you live? Here in Halifax it was 50 degrees F and raining so hard you could not see the street and that was at midnight last night, must be the same storm only we got rain.

bill

Hey Bill, according to the news it was the same storm, but you got rain and we got a crazy amount of snow. I'm just north of Toronto. I guess I shouldn't complain though, evidently, Ottawa got about 72cm...about double what we got. Yikes!

Speaking of Ottawa (and to make this post music related), I'm spinning the latest Jim Bryson release, where the bungalows roam, which I picked up on the weekend. Some very nice alt. country songs on this CD. It was a long wait for this CD. His last release The North Side Benches was released in 2003. I suspect that this new disk will become as much of a favourite of mine as "Benches" is.

GMichael
03-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I could adopt you, but then you'd have to call me Daddy.

No snow here. Just a few hours with no power. We dug out a few candles, the old Sony radio, an extra blanket and started some alternate recreational activities.

JM,
If wifey and I came to visit you and your BF, would you guys let us stay in the same room at night?

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
JM, If wifey and I came to visit you and your BF, would you guys let us stay in the same room at night?

What makes you think that JM would want you and your wife in the same room as him? :skep:

GMichael
03-10-2008, 11:00 AM
What makes you think that JM would want you and your wife in the same room as him? :skep:
That's why I'm asking instead of assuming.
Duh..:frown2:

JohnMichael
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I could adopt you, but then you'd have to call me Daddy.

No snow here. Just a few hours with no power. We dug out a few candles, the old Sony radio, an extra blanket and started some alternate recreational activities.

JM,
If wifey and I came to visit you and your BF, would you guys let us stay in the same room at night?

Yes you could stay with each other. I would not want you to observe BF and I because if you tried any of our techniques you might sprain something.

GMichael
03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes you could stay with each other. I would not want you to observe BF and I because if you tried any of our techniques you might sprain something.

Watch? Who said anything about watching?:arf:

Feanor
03-10-2008, 03:23 PM

Here's my wife earning her keep shoveling snow

kexodusc
03-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Another balmy March morning in The Forest City?

bobsticks
03-10-2008, 04:31 PM

snork, No doubt Kex...no doubt.

Autumn, you wouldn't want to come down here. The weather is just...stupid. We've had a week of freezing hail (damaging cars and homes), rain, and sixty degree weather and back again. It's been worse to the south 'round where BOXMAN lives.

Of course this weather effects the population in a predictable manner.

bobsticks
03-10-2008, 04:34 PM
(Self congratulatory pat-on-the-back)

Notice how I steered clear of wholly inappropriate direction in which GM and JM were headed...

...but I love it when you call me Big Poppa.

JohnMichael
03-10-2008, 05:30 PM
(Self congratulatory pat-on-the-back)

Notice how I steered clear of wholly inappropriate direction in which GM and JM were headed...

...but I love it when you call me Big Poppa.

You have been on your best behavior of late, maybe I should follow your lead.

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2008, 05:43 PM
We've had a week of freezing hail ...

The non-frozen hail is called "rain".

:p

bobsticks
03-10-2008, 05:43 PM
You have been on your best behavior of late, maybe I should follow your lead.

Nah my friend, that would be boring...how about I just regress :devil:

Feanor
03-10-2008, 06:27 PM

Indeed it was :wink5:

oaqm
03-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I suppose no one really wants to me to tell them that I am sitting here with the windows open and a fan going.

But they are and it is.

The red buds and the bradford pears are covered in blossoms and it is springtime in the Carolinas. :cool: