Old & New pic's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Old & New pic's

s dog
03-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I thought i would post a few pic's of what i'v been up to over the last 2 months, In pic no 1 i moved my bedroom system out to my shop, old standerd 50' toshiba tv, kenwood receiver, junk dvd player and a pair of jbl 620's, picture and sound is not to bad for a bunch of old stuff, In pic no 2 is my old set up in my living room, what i done is move my 57'' tv upstairs to my bedroom a got rid of the audio stand, In pic no 3 is my 57'' toshiba and a new dish 612 in my bedroom, had to split the tv in half to get it up the stairs, what a **tch. also had to biuld a stand for the dish receiver, I wish the top of the 57'' was flat like the old one so i could set more stuff on the top of it. In pic no.4 is the new audio stand being built, it took a long time for me to run all them nuts up and down the thread rods, thought i would never get done, In pic no.5 is my new setup in my livingroom, I got me a new 42'' lg 720p plasma tv, I looked at the lcd's and the1080p stuff and at 10ft away i couldnot see enough difference to justify more money. I realize there nothing here that is high end or even close but this system has a good picture and sounds dam good for movies, my equipment
Lg 42'' plasma
Denon 4800 receiver
Denon 1600 dvd player
Panamax 4300 surge protector
Dish 722 hd dvr satellite receiver
Sonance 2120t power amp - mains
Audio source amp one A - bridged for center
Audio source amp 100 - for back surrounds
Klipsch sb-3s mains
Klipsch sc-3 center
Klipcsh ss-1s surounds sides & back
Sub paradigm ps 1000
Wiring - AR
Speaker stands home made
Audio stand home made, Hope you guys injoy the pic's BTW i forgot to say that i put big carpet sliders under the new audio stand so i can pull it out away from the wall with great ease for cleaning and maintenance, that worked out very well.

O'Shag
03-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Excellent job on that wide stand mate.

s dog
03-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Excellent job on that wide stand mate.
Thanks, I like this stand because its so easy to work and clean around the equipment. Plenty of room to get rid of unwanted heat.

f0rge
03-22-2008, 06:33 AM
that stand is totally badass, nice work

Rich-n-Texas
03-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Ditto everything above s dog. Great way to show off your equipment and at the same time emphasize beautiful wood carpentry. What kind of wood did you use? How did you finish it? :thumbsup:

s dog
03-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Ditto everything above s dog. Great way to show off your equipment and at the same time emphasize beautiful wood carpentry. What kind of wood did you use? How did you finish it? :thumbsup: the wood is pine and i just used some minwax wood stain & some wood sealer, [ color of stain GOLDEN PECAN ] nothing fancy here, I would have like to use oak but it cost way to much for me. thanks for the compliments guys.

blackraven
03-22-2008, 12:13 PM
S Dog, you the Man, I mean Top Dog! Looks great!