loving connection [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : loving connection

dilda
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
connecting a marantz cd5001 to a yamaha rx397. Appreciate suggestons for solid but not overboard cables. Thanks

Feanor
03-07-2008, 03:07 AM
connecting a marantz cd5001 to a yamaha rx397. Appreciate suggestons for solid but not overboard cables. Thanks

If I'm not mistake, the RX397 is a stereo receiver, so there is no option to connect to the CD5001 using a digital connection, thus you'll need a pair of RCA cables. "Solid but not overboard" is what you get when you buy Blue Jeans Cable (http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm); these are professional grade cables although not necessarily "audiophile".

Bigmoney
03-07-2008, 04:05 AM
Why would you not call blue jeans audiophile? Is it the price tag, low snake oil, or the lacking of fancy packaging and contruction, or do you believe there are audible benefits of the more costly cables. I am using blue jeans cables and am very happy with them.

markw
03-07-2008, 04:28 AM
Why would you not call blue jeans audiophile? Is it the price tag, low snake oil, or the lacking of fancy packaging and contruction, or do you believe there are audible benefits of the more costly cables. I am using blue jeans cables and am very happy with them.Around here "Audiophile" isn't really considered a compliment.

You're doing well, grasshopper. A healthy amount of skepticism will serve you well in this hobby.

You were pretty close in your observations. What I think he was implying is that some might tend to look down upon them because they aren't expensive nor does anyone rave over how they color the sound to their liking.

Consider his post a compliment to your judgment.