Anyone getting the new RPWL? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting the new RPWL?

3-LockBox
03-06-2008, 03:15 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I guess they have a new one coming out in a month or so.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BarryL
03-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I am. Their last few albums have been outstanding. The best thing since Pink Floyd.

Troy
03-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I'll get it if you send it to me.

BarryL
03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
You'll like this playlist.

You asked me about my radio show. I'm doing another one this Sunday on CKLN-FM, 88.1. CKLN is the radio station of Ryerson University in Toronto, and the show is called Twilight Spirits with Jeff Wiseman. I'm on as his guest. You can get a live feed over the internet if you're interested. The show is from 7 a.m to 8:30 a.m - yawn.

Here's the playlist for Sunday. Apparently it's International Woman's Day, so it's a woman-themed play list:

Rockalise - Annie Haslam - Annie In Wonderland
Waking The Witch - Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Something In Between - Mostly Autumn - Passengers
Splinters - White Willow - Signal To Noise
A Face Of Yesterday - Illusion - Out Of The Mist
Young Mother - Curved Air - Second Album
Ra Is A Busy God - Happy Rhodes - Many Worlds Are Born Tonight
Murlough Bay - Iona - Beyond These Shores
Black Crow - Joni Mitchell - Hejira
Woman In Chains - Tears For Fears - The Seeds Of Love
A Song For All Seasons - Renaissance - A Song For All Seasons
Adios A La Pasada (Goodbye To The Past) - Bruford - Feels Good To Me

3-LockBox
03-07-2008, 03:06 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">That a real diverse playlist...I hope they like it.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

3-LockBox
03-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I'll get it if you send it to me. (see avatar)

:lol:

kexodusc
03-08-2008, 03:50 AM
These guys are that good huh? Yet another of the groups on the list of things to check out that I haven't got around to scratching off.

Should I look for any album in particular to start off with?

3-LockBox
03-09-2008, 10:35 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Should I look for any album in particular to start off with?I'd go with their last one, World Through My Eyes.

Jim Clark
03-10-2008, 07:10 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I guess they have a new one coming out in a month or so.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Who the L are RPWL? Is that like CYHSY (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)? Too long to type out everytime? Just judging from the prog gathering here I'm guessing it's something I've never heard.

jc

3-LockBox
03-10-2008, 01:38 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">RPWL is a German prog band that used to be a touring Pink Floyd cover band. The lead singer sounds a lot like David Gilmore and even plays guitar like him. I'd say their music is not unlike Pink Floyd's Watersless output, ala Division Bell. The initials stand for the last names of the band members, or so I've read.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Finch Platte
03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Who the L are RPWL? Is that like CYHSY (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)? Too long to type out everytime? Just judging from the prog gathering here I'm guessing it's something I've never heard.

jc

You ever heard of Google? :arf:

fp

Jim Clark
03-10-2008, 03:56 PM
You ever heard of Google? :arf:

fp

Google ain't gonna get me off this distinguished road ya' putz.

jc

Thanks 3 lock, that was very non putzy of you : )

jc

ForeverAutumn
05-14-2008, 11:58 AM
I picked this up today. I haven't listened to it yet, but track 5 is called, This Is Not A Prog Song.

LOL, I can't wait to hear it. :)

3-LockBox
05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I picked this up today. I haven't listened to it yet, but track 5 is called, This Is Not A Prog Song.

LOL, I can't wait to hear it. :)

That's the problem with posting on more than one message board; I forget where I've posted what...I woulda sold you mine for cheap. Nuff said?

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2008, 06:09 AM
That's the problem with posting on more than one message board; I forget where I've posted what...I woulda sold you mine for cheap. Nuff said?

Well, the title was correct. Track five is definately not a prog song...more like a really bad pop song. One that will get skipped from here on out.

Still listening....

Troy
05-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Yes, they should have called it "This is not a Good Song."

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Yes, they should have called it "This is not a Good Song."

I have to wonder what they were thinking when they decided to include this song on the CD. I can understand wanting to include a track that is different to show the band's versatility. But this song just downright stinks...and it's smack dab in the middle of the disk too.

I'm only on my second spin, but it seems to me like there's half of a really good album here. I really like Masters of War.

BarryL
05-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I might have coughed up my copy as well.

Given the number of years since their previous album, and the quality of those earlier albums, you'd think that they might have come up with a decent effort. I keep going back to this album thinking it just needs a few more listens, but I didn't even come up with one tune I wanted to transfer to my iPod.

On the other hand, I recently rediscovered the IZZ albume I move, and there are a couple of good RPWL sounding tunes on it.

Actually if you like RPWL, you'll really like I Move by IZZ.