So now the Actors may strike? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So now the Actors may strike?

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2008, 08:04 AM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/entertainment_actors_strike_col

Bah, most of them can be replaced by cartoon characters anyway.

Bring on the Animaniacs reruns!

kexodusc
03-05-2008, 08:25 AM
We'll see. A lot of stuff I've read suggest the writer's set the precedent on a several issues, and the actor's agreement should be easier to achieve as a result. Who knows.

I can't imagine the networks wanting to miss fall season though.

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2008, 09:10 AM
OMG Kex! Look at your post count. 6,666.

You're evil!

:eek6:

GMichael
03-05-2008, 09:24 AM

You're evil!

Run Kex, run!

Rich-n-Texas
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM

You're evil!

OMG FA!!! Look at your post count! You're almost at 4000!!! :ihih:

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
OMG FA!!! Look at your post count! You're almost at 4000!!! :ihih:

Oh, so I am. I didn't even realize it. Seems like just yesterday that I turned 3000.

Rich-n-Texas
03-05-2008, 10:12 AM
And my reward for pointing that out is...

kexodusc
03-05-2008, 10:32 AM

You're evil!

Could be worse...could be 4815162342?

I had a girlfriend once with a tattoo on the back of her head. I had my suspicions, but I couldn't make it out because her hair was in the way. One day when she was asleep, I shaved the hair off to see what it was.

Close...665.

GMichael
03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Could be worse...could be 4815162342?

I had a girlfriend once with a tattoo on the back of her head. I had my suspicions, but I couldn't make it out because her hair was in the way. One day when she was asleep, I shaved the hair off to see what it was.

Close...665.

How drunk was she that she didn't wake up?
How long before she noticed the missing hair?

JSE
03-05-2008, 11:06 AM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/entertainment_actors_strike_col

Bah, most of them can be replaced by cartoon characters anyway.

Bring on the Animaniacs reruns!

I can't stand most actors. Spoiled little, get everything free, filthy rich, money wasting, crybaby, substance addict (oka lot of them), cry me a freaking river....BRATS!

Boo Freaking Hoooo!

I know, I know, there are probably some legit issues they have but perception is reality and it seems like the my above statement is not to far off for most/alot of people. Writers are one thing, but the actors? They just need to more attention to inflate their already bloated egos.

OK, off the soapbox now.

JSE

Groundbeef
03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I can't stand most actors. Spoiled little, get everything free, filthy rich, money wasting, crybaby, substance addict (oka lot of them), cry me a freaking river....BRATS!

Boo Freaking Hoooo!

I know, I know, there are probably some legit issues they have but perception is reality and it seems like the my above statement is not to far off for most/alot of people. Writers are one thing, but the actors? They just need to more attention to inflate their already bloated egos.

OK, off the soapbox now.

JSE

Next time JSE please tell us what you really feel. It's best if you just blurt it out, rather than hide behind some cryptic wording.

I'm no fan of the super "actors/actresses" but I think that they are only represenative of the top 1-2% of the actors.

They (top 1-2%) don't really need the additional protection of an actors contract. However, all the other nameless, faceless workers do. They are a dime a dozen, and need some sort of agreement to make sure they get compensated fairly for their efforts.

Chances are, if you know their names (Denzel, Julia, George, Depp) aren't too concerned about getting screwed on royalties. They have the clout to get that stuff written into their contracts. They little guys (extras, walkons etc) don't. Thats where the problem is.

GMichael
03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Next time JSE please tell us what you really feel. It's best if you just blurt it out, rather than hide behind some cryptic wording.

I'm no fan of the super "actors/actresses" but I think that they are only represenative of the top 1-2% of the actors.

They (top 1-2%) don't really need the additional protection of an actors contract. However, all the other nameless, faceless workers do. They are a dime a dozen, and need some sort of agreement to make sure they get compensated fairly for their efforts.

Chances are, if you know their names (Denzel, Julia, George, Depp) aren't too concerned about getting screwed on royalties. They have the clout to get that stuff written into their contracts. They little guys (extras, walkons etc) don't. Thats where the problem is.

Yeah! Give KAM a break.

JSE
03-05-2008, 01:17 PM

Sure, bring reason into! :prrr: :biggrin5:

You can bet the big names Stars will be out front supporting the strike so they can get their daily dose of "pub".

Maybe Brad and Angelina can adopt of young struggling actor or actress? :thumbsup:

JSE
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah! Give KAM a break.

Oh yeah, Kam's excluded from my rant. Sorry? :blush2:

See above about Brad and Angelina.

Rich-n-Texas
03-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Hot head. Have another Shiner. :rolleyes:

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh yeah, Kam's excluded from my rant. Sorry? :blush2:

See above about Brad and Angelina.

So, would that make him Kamgelina?

musicman1999
03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
How about a viewers strike. Think about it, more music to listen to and more dvd and blu to watch.

bill

JSE
03-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Hot head. Have another Shiner. :rolleyes:

FINE! I will! :mad5:

See my Off Topic post......

Gerald Cooperberg
03-05-2008, 04:28 PM
http://www.verbosecoma.com/norma_rae_union.jpg

-Coop