Spoon is coming to Philly April 10th... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Spoon is coming to Philly April 10th...

Swish
03-04-2008, 11:05 AM
...and I'm pretty sure I'll be there. It's a Thursday night (bummer) at the Electric Factory, but I'll have to make the sacrifice since this is one of only a handful of bands that I really need to see live, and the price is only $15. a veritable steal.

For those of you in other areas, here's the remaining shows on the mini-tour;

03-06 Bloomington, IN - Private Jack Daniel's show
03-10 Mexico City, Mexico - MX Beat Deportivo
03-14 Austin, TX - Antone's (Merge SXSW showcase)
03-17 Austin, TX - Stubb's (Esquire SXSW showcase)
04-12 Nashville, TN - Private Jack Daniel's show
04-21 Baltimore, MD - Sonar
04-22 Philadelphia, PA - Starlight Ballroom
04-26 New Haven, CT - Toad's Place
04-27 Northampton, MA - Pearl Street
05-27 George, WA - Sasquatch Festival
06-16 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Since we'll be in Austin in May, there's a good chance they'll be playing somewhere around the area since they're based there. Lucinda could be too, although we've seen her twice, so no big deal if not.

Swish

thereyet
03-13-2008, 10:29 PM
I have been fortunate to see them twice in the last six months and they are very fun.

Both shows were festivals, so it could have been in a better context but i am NOT complaining. You go when you get the chance and that is all there is to it. I fell for this band from the minute I first saw them on PBS at about 2:00AM Austin City Limits S X SW clips.

Bought everything i could get my hands on .

I had just about quite going to live shows when the bands I had grown up with just felt like a rip off @ 80-150 bucks a pop. To hell with that.

Now I find that there are these really great sounds and back to the 20 bucks I remember in small venues or festivals and here I am going o shows again and taking the teen aged son along with. What a blast. For that price i can even pop for his friends too.

Anyway, have a great time.

ty

Rich-n-Texas
03-14-2008, 05:52 AM
So Swish, is this Electric Factory in the same location as the original Electric Factory? Were you ever at the original? I was well aware of it when I was much younger; my sister went to it a few times to see some of the biggies back in the 60's & early 70's, but what I remember most about it is while listening to WMMR, you'd constantly hear commercials saying "Electric Factory Concerts presents..."

A LOT of history in that place...

Swish
03-16-2008, 01:51 PM
So Swish, is this Electric Factory in the same location as the original Electric Factory? Were you ever at the original? I was well aware of it when I was much younger; my sister went to it a few times to see some of the biggies back in the 60's & early 70's, but what I remember most about it is while listening to WMMR, you'd constantly hear commercials saying "Electric Factory Concerts presents..."

A LOT of history in that place...

I haven't been there in better than 4 or 5 years, and probably haven't seen more than 5 or 6 shows there in all my years. When I was younger we didn't venture to Philly often, opting for shows closer to home. Now I go there quite a bit since many of the indie bands I prefer don't make it nearby very ofter. The Trocadero, TLA, World Cafe Live, Tin Angel, The Tower, The Mann, the Keswick and the Khyber all have a pretty decent lineups throughout the year, so I keep my eye on their websites and try to see the ones that really float my boat.

Swish