Big Sam's Funky Nation [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Big Sam's Funky Nation

Hyfi
03-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Anyone going to the Philadelphia Flower Show this year is in for a treat. The theme is New Orleans and that means both flowers and music. Playing 3 sets each afternoon is Big Sam's Funky Nation, a jumpin' funk-jazz band. Big Sam is formerly the Trombonist from the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. Along with drums, bass, piano, and guitar, Sam kicks out some real kickass music that makes you want to dance. If this is what to expect from a trip to New Orleans, I'll be looking into going sometime soon.

http://www.bigsamsfunkynation.com

Swish
03-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Anyone going to the Philadelphia Flower Show this year is in for a treat. The theme is New Orleans and that means both flowers and music. Playing 3 sets each afternoon is Big Sam's Funky Nation, a jumpin' funk-jazz band. Big Sam is formerly the Trombonist from the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. Along with drums, bass, piano, and guitar, Sam kicks out some real kickass music that makes you want to dance. If this is what to expect from a trip to New Orleans, I'll be looking into going sometime soon.

http://www.bigsamsfunkynation.com

...as one of the largest in the world. To those of you who would scoff at a man going to a flower show, you have to see this to believe it. There are huge landscaping displays, not just flowers, along with bonsai and tons of other plants and, or course, flowers. I can't make it there this year, but it's quite a big show.

Swish

Hyfi
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
...as one of the largest in the world. To those of you who would scoff at a man going to a flower show, you have to see this to believe it. There are huge landscaping displays, not just flowers, along with bonsai and tons of other plants and, or course, flowers. I can't make it there this year, but it's quite a big show.

Swish

Big Sam is playing at Puck in Doylestown Thursday night for $10. I am trying to get tickets. I think this place used to be called something different but the name escapes me now.

Since the theme was New Orleans, at times you think you are there. I took a few hundred pics but due to the dim lighting, lots are crap.

The 100 y/o bonsais are so cool. There was lots of good art including an artist that paints instruments but they are all flowers.