A treat for you fellas! Eliane Elias! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A treat for you fellas! Eliane Elias!

frenchmon
03-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi Fellas. I just thought I would share with you a little treat of one of my favorites. Just click on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkDt6Cy0Khk

This is who Diana Krall takes her style from. But she can never ever be or play like Eliane Elias. Enjoy!.

frenchmon

Jack in Wilmington
03-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks Frenchmon, that was excellent. Loved the way she tickles the pedals in her bare feet. I know it's been a good day when you find some new music to listen to.

hifitommy
03-16-2008, 05:51 PM
is a great album by her. the one following it isnt as good though. i love the way brazilians use rythm in the words.

frenchmon
03-17-2008, 07:52 AM
is a great album by her. the one following it isnt as good though. i love the way brazilians use rythm in the words.

I love her stuff. Her album "Brazillian Classics" really shows off her skills at the piano. She also has Jack DeJohnette on drums to give you some idea of how much she cooks on that gig.

Most have never heard of Eliane Elias but most love Dianna Krall, who is good in her own right, but she is a copy of Eliane Elias. And yes, Bosa nova jazz is wonderful through the rythm. I love the old stuff done by Carlos Jobim and Stan Getz....wonderful stuff.

frenchmon

hifitommy
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
nope, she's an original. dont get me wrong, i like eliane a lot but DK dosent emulate her.