RIP Jeff Healey [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jeff Healey

ForeverAutumn
03-03-2008, 05:06 AM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/obit_jeff_healey

We met Jeff Healey once. He was at a concert (not his own, I forget whose) and in the audience like the regular folk. During the intermission he was walking through to the concession stands and being stopped by fans the whole way. He talked to everyone who came up to him and was very gracious and down-to-earth. I'm not sure that he ever made it to wherever he was heading.

Hubby and I have commented several time that we should go to his club to see him play, but we never made it. Too late now. It's very sad for such a talented musician to go so young.

I'll be spinning See The Light today.

BarryL
03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Whoa! This is sad news. What happened?

ForeverAutumn
03-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Whoa! This is sad news. What happened?

Read the article I linked you lazy Son of a....oh, wait, I can't call you that; it would be disrespectful to your mother.

He's had cancer his whole life...it's how he lost his eyes. After fighting it for 40 years it finally beat him.

BarryL
03-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm colour blind - I didn't notice that light blue link on the grey background.

You are very insensitive to sensitive people.

Besides, you know I can't read. Well I can, but with difficulty.

kexodusc
03-03-2008, 10:50 AM
This guy was something else with a guitar. I can't believe he was only 41. Sad. I saw him a few times, and also got to meet him briefly. He was very gracious with his time. Sometime's life not fair.

musicman1999
03-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Sad news indeed. A fine guitar player .

bill

3-LockBox
03-03-2008, 02:29 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">That sucks. He kinda invented a new way of playing guitar.

I never realized that cancer was the reason he lost his sight.

I used to have his first album on tape back when it first came out and I played it all the time.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mr Peabody
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Sad story, his children are still young. Considering he had a form of cancer since one year of age he gave it one hell of a fight for 40 more years.

Thanks for the link. I had not had the radio on and he didn't make our evening news.