Belt replacement in Rotel RCD 1070 CD player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Belt replacement in Rotel RCD 1070 CD player

Brett A
03-03-2008, 04:15 AM
No, it's not a belt-drive CDP, it's the belt that opens and closes the disc tray and also drops the laser carriage out of the way.

After years of tapping the damn door with my knuckle to get the thing to take a disc, I finally opened it up yesterday and found it just needs to have the little belt that drives the door replaced, it's stretched out. I cleaned the belt w/ alcohol and its working fine for now.

I can do this job myself if I can remove the drawer. I can disengage the drawer from the drive gears, but so far I cannot see what I need to do to get it to slide right out and off the unit.

Does anyone reading this have experience changing the belt on an RCD 1070 (likely the same as a 1072, no?)

Thanks in advance
--brett

basite
03-03-2008, 07:17 AM
you could contact Rotel, and ask if they could send you the needed belt...

I don't think you can easily find a replacement that's not from rotel, if you can find one already...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Brett A
03-03-2008, 07:41 AM
you could contact Rotel, and ask if they could send you the needed belt...

I don't think you can easily find a replacement that's not from rotel, if you can find one already...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Yeh, I actually live only an hour and a half from Rotel USA. (They are in North Reading, MA) I'm sure I can get the belt from them, but don't really want to ship the unit even across the state for them to fix something that looks so simple.

They have been very helpful to me in the past fixing my 1060 integrated for free. I was considering giving them a call to see if they could answer my question about how to get he door out, but don't know how they'd take to such an inquiry.

Inge Gran
05-04-2008, 01:07 AM
The CD tray on our RCD-970 would not feed after abuse from our 7-year old daughter yesterday. Took apart and found three of the cogs on the plastic cogwheel driving the tray broken. Took apart and glued the cogs back on with "superglue". The wheel is driven by the belt you mention. The belt was fine, though.

Getting the out the tray assy involved stripping down the player. No soldering required. Two of the scews are of "torx" type. The rest are "pozidrive". It can be challenging to recall where the screws go upon reassembly. Some 30 screws of 7-8 different types are involved. Labeling them and taking notes can be a good idea.

The player works fine now. Advice on getting Rotel replacement parts is appreciated.