powered sub speaker level series connection help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : powered sub speaker level series connection help

budgetaudio76
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
i need help in wiring my subs by speaker level i want to wire one sub to left channel and one sub to the right channel. the subs have both lfe and speaker level inputs. what i want to try is wire one sub with one channel by wiring it in series on the sub input ditto for the other channel. im worried about the avr seeing a 2 ohm load if i do that. or is my worring groundless please provide info as i dont want to fry my reciever any info is appreciated.

markw
03-02-2008, 03:41 PM
i need help in wiring my subs by speaker level i want to wire one sub to left channel and one sub to the right channel. the subs have both lfe and speaker level inputs. what i want to try is wire one sub with one channel by wiring it in series on the sub input ditto for the other channel. im worried about the avr seeing a 2 ohm load if i do that. or is my worring groundless please provide info as i dont want to fry my reciever any info is appreciated.Are you saying you have two subs, both with LFE line level inputs and speaker level inputs?

Are you saying you want to use them both?

Just get a "Y" connector and feed the receiver's LFE input to both LFE inputs on both.

budgetaudio76
03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
oh wow!...someone re....ummm never mind...well any way i was using a y adapter both behind the reciever and behind both subs..which worked good, but i like to experiment... they are now wired in series one sub for each respective channel... ran wire to left speaker connection behind sub and daisy chained it to the right input level on said sub. they are running better now with more output they are crossed over at around 70.