Record show's are gettin' more crowded these days... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Record show's are gettin' more crowded these days...

nobody
03-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Was a line out the door when it was opening. Still found a nice stack of stuff for about 40 bucks all together

The Best of The Hep Tones (original studio 1 pressing)
Yusef Lateef: The Gentle Gian
Bashin' The Unprectible Jimmy Smith
Al Green: Still in Love With You
Teenage Head: Some Kinda Fun
Al Green: Green Is Blues (German pressing I've never seen before)
Fishbone (first ep)
Malcolm McLaren: Swamp Thing
Jimmy Rodgers: The Number One Ballads
Louis Prima: The Wildest
Fleetwood Mac: Rumors
The Four Tops: Main Street People
This Is Augustus Pablo
The Return of the Marvelettes (with a great cover shot of them in western wear on horseback)

There are worse ways to kill a day.

jrhymeammo
03-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Nice Score, Dave!!!

Did you go to the one in Roseville? I imagine bobsticks is diggin' up crates at Ramada Inn as we speak.....

How was your dig, Mr. Peabody?

http://www.recordshowsofamerica.com/

Anybody here going to the one in Louisville? You start diggin in my crate, I'll stab ya!!!!

Have fun to all,

JRA

Rae
03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors?!!!??!! What a score!!!!

~Rae

3-LockBox
03-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors?!!!??!! What a score!!!!~Rae

Might be a remaster. I still listen to Tusk, but I ain't cracked open Rumors since I made that Buckingham comp years ago.

nobody
03-03-2008, 05:07 AM
Gimmie a break, wife loves her some Fleetwood Mac, so it looked in good shape and was a buck. I don't just list the good ones...

jrhymeammo
03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Gimmie a break, wife loves her some Fleetwood Mac, so it looked in good shape and was a buck. I don't just list the good ones...

Hey Dave, do you plan to go to one in South Bend? The one in Louisville was A-OK, but did manage to score some goodies.

I gotta tell ya thoutgh, there are so many weirdos at LP shows. Man, I gotta stop buying records before I turn into one of them..... Next Stop, North Cacky!

Hey Sticks, there is one in Indy in early May. Stop acting scared!!!

JRA

nobody
03-19-2008, 06:29 AM
I've never traveled to one. I just hit the local one every now and then. They hold 'em every other month, and I'd say I hit maybe half of those. It would probably be fun ot take a trip to hit one of the big national ones. But, I'd guess the prices then aren't any better than what you'd find going through Ebay or storefronts.

I think I'm already one of the weirdos. I just try to remember to bathe and brush my teeth so I don't smell like the rest of them.

SlumpBuster
03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
I gotta tell ya thoutgh, there are so many weirdos at LP shows. Man, I gotta stop buying records before I turn into one of them..... Next Stop, North Cacky!

As long as you don't have a Vestax portable and stay away from the unsorted 45s and 78s, then you should be okay.