I just went to my first symphony [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I just went to my first symphony

3-LockBox
02-29-2008, 12:19 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">It was a woodwind symphony actually, though they did have brass and percussion instruments as well, so I don't know why they're called a woodwind symphony.

But it was still pretty impressive. I'm going again.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Brett A
02-29-2008, 04:16 AM
What did they play?

bobsticks
02-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey 3LB,

Out of curiosity, what part of the country are you in? It might be that there are some recordings readily available of whichever ensemble you had the pleasure of viewing.

3-LockBox
02-29-2008, 10:44 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I live in the Pacific Northwest, and it was a college symphony.

They played:

The Fairest Of The Fair by J.P. Sousa

Radiant Joy by Steven Bryant

North from Brooklyn Bridge (for clairnet and symphony band) by Michael Daugherty

exerps from An Alabama Song Book by Donald Grantham

Wedding Dance from Hasseneh by Jacques Press
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>