The next step after Blu-Ray [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The next step after Blu-Ray

meltdown
02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Holograms, dont laugh, its coming. You sit in your chair and the whole movie or concert unfolds around you. We'll see it possiblly in our lifetime.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Meltdown, can you at least wait until bluray is potty trained, or learns to speak and walk before having the funeral?

meltdown
02-27-2008, 06:32 PM
He He, no way, my clock is running.

02-27-2008, 07:15 PM
He He, no way, my clock is running.

If you let the clock run like that, you are going to be 20 going on 50! LOLOL

GMichael
02-28-2008, 06:08 AM
Holograms, dont laugh, its coming. You sit in your chair and the whole movie or concert unfolds around you. We'll see it possiblly in our lifetime.

I'm ready now. How many pixels will be needed?
Try to download THAT!

pixelthis
02-28-2008, 03:38 PM
never happen.
Futurists used to talk about whole house automation.
A CENTRAL COMPUTER in your house would fix your coffee, order your groceries,
download a newspaper, control the temp, etc.
What happened to that? Well, predictions about "smart" homes never figured that
processors would get so cheap that they would be in EVERYTHING, not the other way around.
We have a "smart house" now, BUT everything has its own processor.
Same with holograms.
You can get a pair of glasses that will put a 3-d image in front of you, like those old viewmaster thingies, gives the appearance of a 40in screen.
But the main thing that will supplant holograms is direct plug ins into the brain.
Your cell phone will be in your head basically, and so will everything else.
Control panels will pop up floating in space, you will control them by thought, and you will be able to transmit pictures to each other.
Eventually you will lay in a sarchopacus, and sensors EVERYWHERE will be able
to put you in a virtual universe.
Want a drink, it will pop into your hand.
For a more detailed explanation read the works of James P hogan

meltdown
02-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Thats a good one, but I was hopeing for something a little less painfull. Id have to have a few beers in me before they started poking thingys in my brain when I was prone in a casket. I think Ill check out a Blu-ray box instead. Thanks.

02-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Thats a good one, but I was hopeing for something a little less painfull. Id have to have a few beers in me before they started poking thingys in my brain when I was prone in a casket. I think Ill check out a Blu-ray box instead. Thanks.

LOLOL.....that got you back in the bluray camp didn't it! LOL

meltdown
02-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Picked up a Pioneer DV 400V that up converts to 1080p for my set upstairs. Marked improvement over my Marantz run of the mill. But thats old news to most in here. I did notice a Blu-Ray playing at BB, they were playing the movie The Kingdom Of Heaven, I have to say that that was one serious picture. I wonder if the Blu-Ray gear has dropped in price, I'll have to check it out. I refuse to pay 40 to 50 bucks for a disk.

02-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Picked up a Pioneer DV 400V that up converts to 1080p for my set upstairs. Marked improvement over my Marantz run of the mill. But thats old news to most in here. I did notice a Blu-Ray playing at BB, they were playing the movie The Kingdom Of Heaven, I have to say that that was one serious picture. I wonder if the Blu-Ray gear has dropped in price, I'll have to check it out. I refuse to pay 40 to 50 bucks for a disk.

I have never paid $40-50 per disc. I ordered three titles from Amazon yesterday, and the total price $62.19. I pay between $20-25 for all of my some 240 bluray titles. If you think it is too expensive(I do not, I was around when DVD was introduced, they were more expensive) then wait a while before investing in bluray. Its not going away any time soon.

meltdown
02-29-2008, 09:16 AM
I stand corrected Sir T. Went to BB today, Blu-Ray was between 24 and 32 a disc. Thats not bad, considering what your getting. I did notice all their Blu-Ray machines were off the shelves. I guess people are grabbing them up. Their two demo's were gone also.

02-29-2008, 09:22 AM
I stand corrected Sir T. Went to BB today, Blu-Ray was between 24 and 32 a disc. Thats not bad, considering what your getting. I did notice all their Blu-Ray machines were off the shelves. I guess people are grabbing them up. Their two demo's were gone also.

Yo melt, try Amazon. I swear by them, much lower prices than BB.

Groundbeef
02-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Yo melt, try Amazon. I swear by them, much lower prices than BB.

Yeah, but with Amazon, there is no salesperson to waste time with. Why do you hate the American Worker anyway?

meltdown
02-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I will give Amazon a try. Thanks.

GMichael
02-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah, but with Amazon, there is no salesperson to waste time with. Why do you hate the American Worker anyway?

Another mustard factory worker gets laid off?

02-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Because the American worker is fat, lazy, and shops at Walmart too much:yesnod:

Smokey
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Went to BB today, Blu-Ray was between 24 and 32 a disc. Thats not bad, considering what your getting.

I wonder how long before Blu-ray find its way into Walmart Bargain Bin (that's where I hang out :D).

GMichael
02-29-2008, 02:28 PM

Hey! I really do ressemble that one.

pixelthis
02-29-2008, 02:29 PM

Typical elitist crap.
keep it to yourself please.
THE WAY YOU AND YOUR CRONIES in industry are deindustrializing america
in order to save a few bucks using slave labor in China (mostly political prisoners)
the "american worker" will soon be a thing of the past.
They wont have jobs to buy the knockoff crap the people you work for turn out.
Hope you can sell it to the third world