Old projection TV? I got a good question for you guys [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Old projection TV? I got a good question for you guys

ohmss
11-20-2003, 07:35 PM
I know this is way off topic but I have searched high and low and cant find anything by myself. I am looking for an old front projection TV. On this model the screen would fold down and the hold thing would fold up nicely. My dad said he remembered them in pool halls and bars. It has got lots of wood. I think they were from the late 70s and 80s. I just need a model name and or company name.

There are a lot of observant people here so I figured someone may know something.
Still I know this is a long shot.
Thanks

woodman
11-21-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm puzzled by your request. Why would you be interested in finding one of these relics of a bygone era? What are you planning to do with it? Do you realize that once you find one, it will undoubtedly need a set of CRTs to even begin to approach the performance level of RPTVs you can buy today for $1500? But that's just the beginning. ANY television set that's reached an age of 25-30 years, is gonna be totally unpredictable when it comes to reliability. It could break down and need repairs with revolting regularity. Unless you're a (very) competent tech yourself and could be making any repairs for minimal cost, such a set as this could bankrupt you! I have more than 50 years of experience working on these beasts, so I know whereof I speak.