Does The Denon 3910 play Blu-Ray? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does The Denon 3910 play Blu-Ray?

vshane
02-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I spent a small fortune on the Denon a few years back and I haven't really used it until tonight when I sat down to watdh a blu-ray disc and it doesn't seem to work. Do I need to send it off for an upgrade or are the settings wrong? I can't believe Denon would have this nice DVD player knowing that blu-ray or HD would come into play.

Thanks

L.J.
02-23-2008, 09:08 PM
My 2910 plays Bluray just fine............JK

Sorry dude, your gonna have to purchase a BR player.

N. Abstentia
02-23-2008, 09:20 PM
So you're trying to play a Bluray disc in a DVD player? Nice.

elapsed
02-23-2008, 10:37 PM
The Denon DVD-3910 is indeed a wonderful DVD Player, however it was released in early 2005, a year and a half before the first Samsung Blu-Ray Player came to market, and more than three years before the first Denon Blu-Ray Player came to market. No DVD Player will play Blu-Ray, and no upgrades will be available from any manufacturer as this requires a new laser and significant hardware upgrades.

You could always sell her on Videogon, asking price is currently around $450. This would fetch you a brand new Blu-Ray Player.

vshane
02-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the explaination. When I bought the player I was under the impression I could send it in and have it upgraded, or that it would play the HD discs. I was obviously very wrong...like $1400 wrong.

L.J.
02-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the explaination. When I bought the player I was under the impression I could send it in and have it upgraded, or that it would play the HD discs. I was obviously very wrong...like $1400 wrong.

I have the 2910 and BR player but still use my 2910 regularly. As Elapsed said, they are very nice players. I use my PS3 for music streaming, Games & BR, but will continue to use my 2910 for CD, DVD-A, SACD & DVD.