Peak Consult..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Peak Consult.....

Bernd
02-23-2008, 07:42 AM
....The Dragon.

here is Peak Consults latest top of the line offering. All I need now is the lottery win and the house to go with The Dragon. This is by some margin the best I have ever heard.

Peace

:16:

audio amateur
02-23-2008, 07:44 AM
You should be happy with the Princess':)

Bernd
02-23-2008, 07:54 AM
You should be happy with the Princess':)

I am. In my room the most musical fun I ever had is with my present system. Just dreaming.

Peace

basite
02-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Holy Batman!

those speakers are really nice!

I bet they sound as good as they look...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

filecat13
02-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Here's a different view of the same room, with a few specs added.

http://www.hifi4all.dk/content/templates/nyheder.asp?articleid=1722&zoneid=1

JohnMichael
02-23-2008, 12:07 PM
The Dragon is impressive. I wonder how long it would take to manufacture a pair. I am glad some still strive for state of the art. Eventually that technology might trickle down to my budget. Since I do not think my budget will trickle up.

basite
02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
The Dragon is impressive. I wonder how long it would take to manufacture a pair. I am glad some still strive for state of the art. Eventually that technology might trickle down to my budget. Since I do not think my budget will triclke up.

it has to come a long way down to fit our budget, considering their retail price is 90k Euros...:cornut:

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

O'Shag
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm sure they're excellent, but 90k Euros? - ever-so-slightly overpriced, eh what?

blackraven
02-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Lets see, 90K, there probably is less than 5k in labor and parts. Some one is making alot of money on those baby's.

Feanor
02-26-2008, 03:28 AM
Lets see, 90K, there probably is less than 5k in labor and parts. Some one is making alot of money on those baby's.

A lot more than $5k I dare say, though still a long way for $90k no doubt. Ask I mentioned in a recent thread this simple, two-way speaker design (http://ca.geocities.com/w_d_bailey/Accuton_design.jpg) that I drew up requires well over $2k in parts alone,including only a very simple cabinet.

Feanor
02-26-2008, 03:33 AM
....The Dragon.

here is Peak Consults latest top of the line offering. All I need now is the lottery win and the house to go with The Dragon. This is by some margin the best I have ever heard.

Peace

Look at Forian's system, look at his new digs where there is plently of room for a large system to "breath". Shouldn't we all take a lesson from his dedication? :confused5: Both enviable and estimable :D

topspeed
02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
At first blush, I thought those were Grand Utopias. They're certainly as massive!

http://www.pult.ru/upload/images/44447.jpg

audio amateur
02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
similar design I guess

O'Shag
02-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I think my speakers would give them a serious run for the money...

Mine are the ones on the left...

Bernd
02-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Look at Forian's system, look at his new digs where there is plently of room for a large system to "breath". Shouldn't we all take a lesson from his dedication? :confused5: Both enviable and estimable :D

Yeah, he did the right thing. Ever since I got the Peaks I am more aware how often the pictures I see of rooms used are just too small for given speakers. My smallish listening room sounds the best it can. It does everything I want it to do.
I think as I got older, other things in the musical chain are more important to me. I am more into correct tone and timbre now than soundstage and all the other audiophoolery terminology.
But yes Flo is one dedicated young man. As it should be really. If you do something, do it well. Good luck to him.

I would love to one day one a house large enough to accomodate a speaker like the Dragon. When I heard it I could swear the performers are there. It was just like the Princess only bigger.

Peace