It's official...I love Josh Ritter [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It's official...I love Josh Ritter

ForeverAutumn
02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
I've been spinning Hello Starling the last few days and I just can't get enough. This is an amazing album of well written songs backed mostly by acoustic guitar. I'll be searching the internets looking for the music to a few of them.

I'm not going to bore you with a review since most of you discovered Josh long before I did. But after hearing Animal Years and Hello Starling, I'll be completing my Josh Ritter collection very soon.

He's in town in a couple of weeks and I would love to go see him, but it's a club show on a weeknight and I just can't stay out that late and be functional at work anymore. Responsibility (and aging) sucks! :(

Davey
02-23-2008, 12:45 PM
In light of your recent post on the moon (and yea, reverse pun intended), check out this one that some of us around here have been tossing around lately (his favorite show is even Lost :))... In Which The Man Known As Bon Iver Is A Lunar Eclipse (http://thisrecording.wordpress.com/2008/02/21/in-which-the-man-known-as-bon-iver-is-a-lunar-eclipse/)

jrhymeammo
02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
I agree with FA.

Not the most innovative style of music by any means, but good stuff without a doubt.

I grabbed the Historical Conquest today and prefer it over the Animal Year. I think you'll enjoy.

Peas,

bobsticks
02-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Jayra!!!...what on God's Green Earth are you doin' buyin' indie hipster stuff??

Just when I think I've got you pidgeonholed, you ol' jazzhead...

I feel like my evil is finally having some effect on you (weep, sniffle)

jrhymeammo
03-01-2008, 10:22 AM

Well, I was going to post this on monday but here goes,

I'm officially sick of Josh Ritter. Great rec'm on Iron and Wine though.

Peace out y'all

3-LockBox
03-01-2008, 07:31 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I love Modest Mouse.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Brett A
03-02-2008, 06:19 AM

Ya'll gotta know Will Oldaham (aka Bonnie Prince Billy aka Palace) then. esp. I See a Darkness, Master ans Everyone and Viva Lost Blues.