Infinity Beta 50s or JBL [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Beta 50s or JBL

svfusion
02-22-2008, 05:45 AM
I am in the market for some new speakers. I am replacing all my sonys. Right now I have the SS-M600F for my fronts, they do a good job. I have heard that the Infinity Beta 50s are good but I am also looking at JBL Venue Series Stadium speakers. Can anyone shed some light on which ones are better.

GMichael
02-22-2008, 06:11 AM
I am in the market for some new speakers. I am replacing all my sonys. Right now I have the SS-M600F for my fronts, they do a good job. I have heard that the Infinity Beta 50s are good but I am also looking at JBL Venue Series Stadium speakers. Can anyone shed some light on which ones are better.

Hi, welcome to AR. Both of these speakers are pretty good bang for the buck speakers. I don't think that there is much difference between them though. You'd need to listen to them yourself to decide which set sounds better to your ears. Everyone hears things a little differently.

filecat13
02-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Yes, it truly is necessary for you to hear them to decide. Each is good in its own way, but side by side they will have distinctive characteristics, and your personal preference will determine which is right for you.

Even though both are made by Harman International, both the design philosophy and the componentry are different. I own many JBLs (though not Venues) but I would not blindly recommend them over Infinity or any other reputable brand until you had heard both.

It's tough to purchase speakers based solely on what one hears or reads, or based on what's recommended in an Internet thread.

blackraven
02-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Ditto! I really like the Infinity Beta's. They are alot of speaker for the money if your on a budget. I've only heard the Beta 20's and 40's. How much are you looking to spend, there are better speakers out there.

Just buy what sounds good to your ears. We can give you recommendations out the wazoo, but it all boils down to what sounds good to you.

If you want some other recommendations of speakers, here are a few. B&W 685's, 686's, NHT Classic Three's or two's, Wharfedale diamond 9.2's.

gjpham
02-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Have you heard of the L series from JBL? Lots of them on Ebay right now, and they are affordable too. However, I read a review from 1 Mag and they gave the Beta 20, or 40 a thump up too.... but when was the last time the writers give a thump down to anything anyways. All the speakers and equipments have been shipped to them straight from manufactures, go figure!!!

filecat13
02-27-2008, 02:24 PM
If the choice were Infinity Betas and JBL Studio L Series, then I would heartily recommend the JBLs. However, I'd still urge a careful listen to both before purchasing just to be sure one's personal preferences were well served.