The OC [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The OC

Gresh
03-04-2004, 03:02 PM
I was watching the OC last night (a guilty pleasure) and they played a really good cover of the OMD song - If you Leave (remember Pretty in Pink? Love that Duckman) - by Nada Surf - I'm amazed from week to week with their music selections - ranges from the Eels to Spoon to Tricky to Beulah... Don't you think this is a really good way to expose a wide audience to relatively unknown/underappreciated artists?

I know I'm not alone watching this show...

nobody
03-05-2004, 05:43 AM
Yeah. I've never seen the OC, but I think getting music in TV shows, or even commercials, etc... is a fine way to gain exposure. I know lots of people frown on it, and in some cases people may be turning out dreck to sell as commercial music or movie and tv background music. But, far more often I hear music that groups have already made being, that wouldn't otherwise get wide exposure, getting heard by more people than it would otherwise.

Jim Clark
03-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Never seen the OC, don't even know what an OC might be but I know what you mean when it comes to music on television shows. Many that I do watch seem to be upping the ante. The CSI series seems to feature a lot of music that I enjoy. Occasionally I'll catch something familiar but more often than not I'm left wondering what it was I'd just heard. I wish it was easier to track down music from shows.

Keen Eddie seemed to feature a lot of techno music which I found to be extremely gratifying, but somewhat odd. I caught a small segment of the show recently and it would seem like they are continuing with that.

I'm hoping that 6 Feet Under keeps it up as well.

jc

Dusty Chalk
03-05-2004, 07:47 AM
The CSI series seems to feature a lot of music that I enjoy. Occasionally I'll catch something familiar but more often than not I'm left wondering what it was I'd just heard. I wish it was easier to track down music from shows.Try this (http://members.aol.com/JRD203/csi-music.htm).

Ex Lion Tamer
03-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Try this (http://members.aol.com/JRD203/csi-music.htm).
Wow, I'm impressed. Very interesting music being played during that show. I think I'll have to check this show out, just for the music. Any other shows with interesting music being used. I remember that "Homocide. Life on the Streets" had a very effective and ecclectic choice in their music too.

Thanks for the link.

Mark

Dusty Chalk
03-05-2004, 12:20 PM
I liked some of the music in Buffy and Charmed as well. I've heard good things about 6 Feet Under, but don't get HBO, so wouldn't know.