Digital out [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Digital out

Dharris
02-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey guys, short one cable for now. Will a Standard 75 ohm Linear Video cable work as an Digital out from my TV to my A/V Receiver? Thank you for your prompt reply.

Don

filecat13
02-17-2008, 09:18 AM
The short answer is "yes."

filecat13
02-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Slightly longer answer: there are some distance limitations depending on cable quality, but if it's under 30 feet, even the most generic 75 Ohm coaxial cable should work okay. Be sure you have good contacts a both ends, and that the cable itself has good integrity.

Dharris
02-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks you guys. Darn Dish network does not give me channel 11 in HD, so I connected rabbit ears to the TV. Connected the Digital out to the AV and vwella, digital sound.

One more question, can I connect and external antenna to the outside of my house and run the cable in line with my digital feed cable?

Mr Peabody
02-17-2008, 12:02 PM
If you have the 722 it has an input and tuner for external antenna.

As stated a composite video cable should work. If it was for a more important job you'd want to eventually make sure you got a quality cable to prevent jitter problems which can degrade sound.

Which connection do you use from your Dish receiver to A/V receiver? I was using optical as my processor doesn't have HDMI and I'm not real happy with the sound quality. My prior cable DVR seemed to be considerably better.