What are you guys looking forward to for upcomming releases? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys looking forward to for upcomming releases?

nobody
02-17-2008, 08:47 AM
I try not to get too overly anxious when stuffs coming out, but a couple releases this year have me excited. Last week, I pre-ordered the new Raveonettes album Lust, Lust, Lust after hearing some samples on their website. If the clips can be believed, sounds like this could be really good.

Also looking forward to the rumored released of the long awaited next Portishead album. Been waiting for something new outta them forever, and sounds like a real possibility something is coming out this year.

Also looking forward to hearing a new one by The Kills, and curious about the new Goldfrapp, which I've heard is supposed to be a return to an earlier more laid back sound from them.

What about the rest of you? Anything you can't wait to get your grubby little hands on?

Davey
02-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Wow, that's funny, but right before stopping by and seeing your post I was over at metacritic checking the release schedule for the upcoming Gutter Twins (Greg Dulli and Mark Lanegan) Saturnalia, to decide if I should order it yet. Looking forward to that one a lot, but still a couple weeks from this Tuesday.

My pre-order copy of the Bon Iver For Emma, Forever Ago just shipped on Friday, so anxious to spend some time with that one. From what I've listened to already, sure to be a favorite this year. And the upcoming CD+DVD of the final 2005 Halloween show of Rocket from the Crypt in their hometown of San Diego. Great band. I think that new Portishead comes out tax day here. Been waiting a long time for the new Wayne Robbins and the Hellsayers record.