Album of The Year? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Album of The Year?

Finch Platte
03-04-2004, 12:49 PM
The Grey Album???

So sayeth Chronicle writer, among other things.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/03/04/DDG7S5CMDN1.DTL

fp

Dave_G
03-04-2004, 01:37 PM
So what are we to do, find one of these on ebay for like 500 clams?

Snort, Guffaw.

Screw all this drivel, lets hit the dirt!

Dave

Gresh
03-04-2004, 02:39 PM
So what are we to do, find one of these on ebay for like 500 clams?

Snort, Guffaw.

Screw all this drivel, lets hit the dirt!

Dave

Dude, it's free - just cost ya a few minutes poking around some hosting sites. Whether your pro file sharing or against the whole concept - this release will have implications.

nobody
03-05-2004, 05:25 AM
Hell, I like a lot of rap and I still wasn't particularly impressed with that. I mean, technically, really nice mixing job and all. But, the end product was nothing particularly special to me. Maybe if I was more of a Beatles fan, I'd get a bigger kick out of it. But, to me, it was music that didn't fit too well being shoehorned. Kind of an admirable exercise more than a stunning musical achievement.

I'd guess the implications are more in terms of the legal aspects of copyright law and all that by messing with something like the Beatles more than the musical value.

Funny, didn't the Beatles used to be all about anti-materialism and such? Anybody wonder what the full band back in its hey-day would have thought about this kind of thing?