Coheed and Cambria opening for Linkin Park? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Coheed and Cambria opening for Linkin Park?

ForeverAutumn
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Is this a bit of a strange match?

I don't know a lot of Linkin Park's music but I have a couple of C&C CDs and this just doesn't seem like a good pairing to me.

3-LockBox
02-13-2008, 11:20 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">yikes - its the kiss of death for C&C.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kexodusc
02-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Don't see how this is going to hurt anything? If you want more exposure, leaching on to a band that sells out arenas can't be bad. Unless the suckitude of one band is going somehow going to poison the awesomeness of another?
I'm guessing most Linkin' Park fans have never heard of Coheed & Cambria, but what do I know.

When I was a wee pubescent junior high wannabe, I went to a show where a really super awesome, though then-unheard-of band opened for another mega-mainstream band that had a totally different, dare I say more acid-washed crowd. The now deceased guitar player of that openning act is on record saying it was the turning point for the band. The former was Pantera, the latter Skid Row.
Stranger mixes have happened.

JSE
02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
When I was a wee pubescent junior high wannabe, I went to a show where a really super awesome, though then-unheard-of band opened for another mega-mainstream band that had a totally different, dare I say more acid-washed crowd. The now deceased guitar player of that openning act is on record saying it was the turning point for the band. The former was Pantera, the latter Skid Row.
Stranger mixes have happened.

Hey Kex, that's pretty funny. I roomed with two guys in college for a while that grew up with Darrell. I got to hang out with the guys from Pantera a few times in Winnie, Tx and all I can say is they were the stereo typical metalheads from the 80's in terms of their lifestyle. I partied pretty hard in college and it was nothing compared to these guys. From what I remember, Darrell and one of the guitarist "snake?" something from Skid Row where pretty good friends so that probably explains touring together for a "brief" while. That and the fact that Pantera actually was more of a Glam-Rock band when they first started probably gave them some ties to bands like SkidRow. The addition of Phil really helped them become much much heavier. Some of ny best memories from college were watching Pantera at the Basement in Dallas just before they really took off. It was a small crowded space and wa perfect for a band like Pantera.

kexodusc
02-22-2008, 05:11 AM
Hey Kex, that's pretty funny. I roomed with two guys in college for a while that grew up with Darrell. I got to hang out with the guys from Pantera a few times in Winnie, Tx and all I can say is they were the stereo typical metalheads from the 80's in terms of their lifestyle. I partied pretty hard in college and it was nothing compared to these guys. From what I remember, Darrell and one of the guitarist "snake?" something from Skid Row where pretty good friends so that probably explains touring together for a "brief" while. That and the fact that Pantera actually was more of a Glam-Rock band when they first started probably gave them some ties to bands like SkidRow. The addition of Phil really helped them become much much heavier. Some of ny best memories from college were watching Pantera at the Basement in Dallas just before they really took off. It was a small crowded space and wa perfect for a band like Pantera.
That's cool JSE.

Yeah, they were glamrock before they were the heavy thrashing Pantera we all know and love. Dimebag used to be Diamond. Dimebag and Sebastian Back were pretty good friends, even long after the demise of Skid Row.
I'm pretty sure I saw the show late 91 or early 92, and it was definitely after Cowboys From Hell was released because I bougth the T-shirt that night. So Pantera was definitely not glamrock at this point. Weird combo.