Axiom vs. Paradigm [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Axiom vs. Paradigm

jb5200
02-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey everyone,

I took Rich's advice on the RX-V3800 from 6th Ave. and got it hooked up in a couple of hours - probably the easiest GUI setup for a receiver I have ever used. I tried the auto setup YAPO or something and didn't like the settings so I did it manually for my tastes. Sweet receiver even for movies. The only bad thing is I don't like the bass output for the sub for music it barely comes out but when you play music DVD's it is much better. I tried switching my speaker size and the bass output but it was still the same. Anyhoo....

I have Klipsch 7.1 right now with the RF-82's as mains and the RW12 for sub, not the best I know but they are not bad. I was absolutely blown away when I heard the Paradigm Studio series and now am drooling over changing my whole speaker set up. I also keep hearing rave reviews about the Axiom's series on how they compare to Paradigm's Signature series which is at least a G more than the studio's. Is this true? Has anyone ever compared these two? Unfortunately I don't have a store near me to audition the Axioms so I have nothing to go by.

Thanks,

Stone

Feanor
02-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone,

I have Klipsch 7.1 right now with the RF-82's as mains and the RW12 for sub, not the best I know but they are not bad. I was absolutely blown away when I heard the Paradigm Studio series and now am drooling over changing my whole speaker set up. I also keep hearing rave reviews about the Axiom's series on how they compare to Paradigm's Signature series which is at least a G more than the studio's. Is this true? Has anyone ever compared these two? Unfortunately I don't have a store near me to audition the Axioms so I have nothing to go by.

Thanks,

Stone

I haven't heard either the Axioms or the Paradigm Signature. H
owever based on Studio and Signature reviews I've read, I certainly would not assume that the Axioms are as good as the Signatures though they might challenge the Studios. Of course your own ears are the best judge.

Axiom sells only sold direct from their website but you do give a 30 day return priviledge although you have to pay return shipping.