Podium Speakers ?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Podium Speakers ??

KUNK
02-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Anyone out there have experience with these things??

PRODUCTS : LOUDSPEAKERS : PODIUM 1
http://lauferteknik.com/loudspeakers/podium/1.htm

Using transverse waves induced by a tapered line-array to propagate sound through a patent pending floating panel, all of which is designed and built in Cambridge UK.

Our designs have no ribbons (even though we love ribbons), no electrostatic devices (even though we love those too), no cone drivers, no sub woofers and no crossover.

The Podium 1 has all the positive attributes of the classic loudspeaker designs we grew up with; the ones we all know, love and respect. But we also achieve something extra-difficult to define in words. Visceral credibility.

Via a Podium design, organ notes thunder, and rim-shots in smoky jazz clubs crack with lightning fast transients – and that’s just the beginning. It’s the same excitement that

comes from music heard played live. Uniquely, this is achievable at any volume level and any listening position in any room. The traditional ‘sweet-spot’ and specific volume requirement described as ‘realistic’ by some and ‘rather too loud’ by others are both startlingly absent.

You’ll know if our sound is the sound for you within seconds. That’s all it takes.

Finally, you’ll be surprised to learn that our patent pending loudspeakers are modestly priced and can be driven by relatively low-powered integrated amplifiers, both valve and solid-state!

basite
02-13-2008, 05:29 AM
I haven't heard them yet, but my dealer has them now too...

he (amongst others) say they sound exellent, and are very good speakers overall...

Might be worth checking into...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

audio amateur
02-13-2008, 05:47 AM

I seriously need to check out your dealer..
:)
AA

basite
02-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I seriously need to check out your dealer..
:)
AA

if you ever visit antwerp:

http://www.alphahighend.be/

it's the place to be for belgian audiophiles (and other people too, of course...) :thumbsup:

the 'pictures' on the main page are not up to date, the thiels that are in the pic are already sold, and the entire system is now replaced by a set of Wilson audio Maxx2's, driven by Mcintosh MC501's, with a Mcintosh C2200 preamp, Wadia CD player, VPI Aries 3 turntable with jadis phonostage. And €40 grand worth of cables inbetween them :D
that's one of the 2 systems in that room, he has about 11 listening rooms...

Click the 'ons gamma' button, to see the brands he carries, well, most of them are there. some new brands aren't on the list yet...

awesome place, awesome dealer and extremely friendly.

btw, if you don't mind a trip to antwerp for the dealer, he's doing a cost no object show somewhere in march, I don't know the exact system yet, he only said it will be with Accuphase and Verity audio :p

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

audio amateur
02-13-2008, 11:14 AM
if you ever visit antwerp:

http://www.alphahighend.be/

it's the place to be for belgian audiophiles (and other people too, of course...) :thumbsup:

the 'pictures' on the main page are not up to date, the thiels that are in the pic are already sold, and the entire system is now replaced by a set of Wilson audio Maxx2's, driven by Mcintosh MC501's, with a Mcintosh C2200 preamp, Wadia CD player, VPI Aries 3 turntable with jadis phonostage. And €40 grand worth of cables inbetween them :D
that's one of the 2 systems in that room, he has about 11 listening rooms...

Click the 'ons gamma' button, to see the brands he carries, well, most of them are there. some new brands aren't on the list yet...

awesome place, awesome dealer and extremely friendly.

btw, if you don't mind a trip to antwerp for the dealer, he's doing a cost no object show somewhere in march, I don't know the exact system yet, he only said it will be with Accuphase and Verity audio :p

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
Darn.. sounds pretty good! It seems he carries all the brands you could possibly want. Problem is i'll still be in the UK in march. Mind you it's probably as hard to get there from here than it is from Geneva. You're pretty lucky then, to live right in Antwerp (or close to it).
If I did go I'd oblige to hear those Thiels of yours:) I might do a road trip to Belgium some time in the future.
In the mean time i'll be enjoying my 686's
AA.

audio amateur
03-18-2008, 12:54 PM

he (amongst others) say they sound exellent, and are very good speakers overall...

Might be worth checking into...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
Have you had the chance to hear them yet?

basite
03-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Have you had the chance to hear them yet?

nope, but I'll be visiting the shop again soon :)

last times I've been there was for the cost no object show, so I had other systems to hear to :)