Adios amigos and amigas. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Adios amigos and amigas.

Swish
02-09-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm off to sunny (I hope) Riviera Maya, Mexico for a week of overindulgence. I'll be needing some diet advice when I return because these all-inclusive deals are flat out killer.

G Swish Baby

JohnMichael
02-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Have a great time and get your money's worth. Better yet get more than your money's worth.

ForeverAutumn
02-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm off to sunny (I hope) Riviera Maya, Mexico for a week of overindulgence. I'll be needing some diet advice when I return because these all-inclusive deals are flat out killer.

G Swish Baby

Are you sure that's diet advice and not detox advice?

Have a great time Swishy!

Swish
02-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Are you sure that's diet advice and not detox advice?

Have a great time Swishy!

Sitting on the beach all day and drinking all kinds of crap, then eating all kinds of crap...I'm an easy mark. They don't usually have the kind of beer I would prefer, but I can handle Dos Equis Amber. I don't go for mixed drinks very often, but I will imbibe quite a few margaritas on the rocks. They seem to go with hot weather and the beach.

Regards,
Swish

Davey
02-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Beba una cerveza para mí, amigo!

Have fun, Swish Baby! Probably hard not to. When I've been down there, the Pacifico was outstanding. Seemed much better than our version, though I do like it here too when I want something a bit on the bright and fizzy side. The Negra Modelo is outstanding on both sides of the border, and a big favorite of mine, but fetches a premium price up here these days. Much more competitive down there. You could probably live off it for a week or so. Detox or diet, really, is there a big difference?

:)

Swish
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Have fun, Swish Baby! Probably hard not to. When I've been down there, the Pacifico was outstanding. Seemed much better than our version, though I do like it here too when I want something a bit on the bright and fizzy side. The Negra Modelo is outstanding on both sides of the border, and a big favorite of mine, but fetches a premium price up here these days. Much more competitive down there. You could probably live off it for a week or so. Detox or diet, really, is there a big difference?

You know, I can't recall having Pacifico and don't know if they have it on the Gulf side, at least not at the resorts, but I could wrong. I've forgot about the Modelo, which I've had and admit that it's pretty good, so I'll prolly have some of that. I do like Dos Equis Amber a lot though, especially in the summer with a wedge of lime. Much better than Corona IMHO.

Counting down the hours now. Flight leaves Philly at 11:45 AM tomorrow, arrive at the Cancun airport about 3 PM Central Time, so we should get to the hotel about 5 PM or so, just in time for some authentic Mexican dinner and some tequila!

Swish

3-LockBox
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">By all means check into some more exotic brands of tequilla. I've been delving into Milagro lately - much smoother than Cuervo, which I believe to be over-rated anyway. Milagro is pretty spendy up here though. And I second the Pacifico. Negra Modelo can be a tad heavy for "all day drinking" ;)</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Spancticles
02-15-2008, 09:23 PM

G Swish Baby

eat the worm

Swish
02-17-2008, 01:33 PM

The resort had only ONE friggin' choice and it was Dos Equis Special Lager, a beer that I really don't like much. I do like their Amber though, so I was pretty ticked off and let them know about it in the survey they handed out at the end of our stay, along with a couple other minor issues we had with food choices. Hate to be critical...well, that's not entirely true. We paid a pretty high price for this vacation, so I expected it to be top-notch.I ended up drinking very few beers there and ordered a lot of margaritas on the rocks, along with a few shots of Don Julio tequila. At least they had some decent alcohol on the shelf.

The weather was really nice except for the second day (Monday) so no problemo there. We did venture to Playa Del Carmen one day and strolled 5th avenue while playing cat and mouse with all the sharks trying to part us with our cash. We did stop at a couple pubs and imbibed in a few bottles of Negra Modello which helped ease the pain of the crappy beer at our resort (Aventura Spa Palace if you wish to avoid it), and hit a restaurant for some authentic Mexican lunch, and we were not disappointed.

It is pretty frustrating to have all the 'vendors' trying to lure you into their shops and the time share salesmen trying to bait you with free bottles of booze and what not. That is tough to pass up, but knowing I could have all the free booze I wanted at our resort, I was able to resist the temptation. :)

I do have a decent tan though...under the burnt, peeling parts of my skin, and the trip was a lot of fun overall, but back to the frozen North and the reality of work on Monday. :nonod:

Swish