Holy crap! Going to see Wilco after all. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap! Going to see Wilco after all.

Swish
02-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Yes, although I failed to get tickets the day they went on sale since they sold out in less than one hour (show is Feb 23 at the Tower in Philly), my current spouse called me this AM and told me that WXPN was offering a pair of tickets to the next 10 callers who pledge/pay for membership for 2008. I quickly called them and was told I got the last pair of tickets. Score! I didn't ask where the seats were located (probably in the back behind a column or something), but we're going. So, $240 later, I have the tickets and membership. Was that too much? If it was only for the tickets, you bet. However, membership gets me the right to advance ticket sales on shows at the World Cafe Live, so they could be well worth it. And the show? Forget about it!

Swish

ForeverAutumn
02-07-2008, 06:50 AM
So, $240 later, I have the tickets and membership.

:yikes: You can rationalize the $240 any way you want to. That's still more than I paid for Rush tickets. :ciappa:

Bernd
02-07-2008, 07:11 AM
......have far too much disposable income.:cornut:

Enjoy the show.

Peace

:16:

Swish
02-07-2008, 07:16 AM
:yikes: You can rationalize the $240 any way you want to. That's still more than I paid for Rush tickets. :ciappa:

So any way you slice it, I got the better deal.

:p :p

Swish - the one with great taste in music.

ForeverAutumn
02-07-2008, 07:48 AM
I'll disagree with you that Rush sucks. But I would like to see Wilco. I'm excited for you (and a little jealous, first The Decemberists and now Wilco). Have a great time at the show!

Swish
02-07-2008, 07:54 AM
I'll agree with you that Rush sucks, and I would like to see Wilco. I'm excited for you (and a little jealous, first The Decemberists and now Wilco). Have a great time at the show!

I'm livin' large this month. First, we leave for vacation on Sunday to sunny Riviera Maya, then I get to see Wilco a week after we return.

Swish Baby

MindGoneHaywire
02-07-2008, 10:27 AM
It's been awhile since I've been out to see a show, but I'm going to see "From The Jam" with Bruce Foxton & Rick Buckler on Sat nite. I've got to find the thread on that from awhile back, I think nobody went to see them in St. Louis? Can't remember. Anyway, enjoy the show. I saw Wilco a couple of weeks after 9/11 at Town Hall & they were very enjoyable. That wasn't long after Jay Bennett had been booted & I think prior to Nels Cline joining...it was fairly low-key, but the music really stood out as it was a two-hour diversion from what was going on around here, and Tweedy had the good sense to not bring it up. The rockers from 'Being There' rooled.

Mr MidFi
02-07-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm livin' large this month. First, we leave for vacation on Sunday to sunny Riviera Maya, then I get to see Wilco a week after we return.

Swish Baby

I'll be seeing them on the 19th in Chicago...then taking the family to Greece next month.
Music & travel, that's my life!

Swish
02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
It's been awhile since I've been out to see a show, but I'm going to see "From The Jam" with Bruce Foxton & Rick Buckler on Sat nite. I've got to find the thread on that from awhile back, I think nobody went to see them in St. Louis? Can't remember. Anyway, enjoy the show. I saw Wilco a couple of weeks after 9/11 at Town Hall & they were very enjoyable. That wasn't long after Jay Bennett had been booted & I think prior to Nels Cline joining...it was fairly low-key, but the music really stood out as it was a two-hour diversion from what was going on around here, and Tweedy had the good sense to not bring it up. The rockers from 'Being There' rooled.

...really good, but I'm looking forward to this one even more. That Nels Cline is one heck of a guitar player, but the band in general is in my top 5 of all time. Hands down.

Nels only joined the band in 2004, and you were correct about Jay Bennett being fired in 2001.

Swish

bobsticks
02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Congrats on the ticket score Swishy. Of course they'll be fantastic live and it'll be interesting to see what ye old World Cafe Live comes up with. Lotta months left in 2008, could be interesting.

Maybe Rush will play the WCL and it'll be the best of both worlds. :ihih: