Pissed at Comcast! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pissed at Comcast!

blackraven
02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
I currently have digital calbe TV with comsast and I just bought a 52" LCD TV. I called Comcast to upgrade to HD service and asked them if they supplied an HDMI cable with the HD cable box. They told me that the basic HD cable boxes in the St. Paul area use component out only and that if I want a cable box that uses HDMI, I would have to upgrade to the DVR for an extra $15.95 per month! Hell I'm already paying $69/month for digital cable and $43/month for internet. I told the comcast rep that I'm going to switch to Satellite so she gave me the DVR free for 6 months and lowered my internet fee to $29/month for a year! I guess it pays to complain sometimes. She also told me that the government asked comcast to allow customers to purchase their own HD boxes with a cable card which will become available at BestBuy here in the Twin cities in July. So I guess I'll be buying my own HD box.

pixelthis
02-06-2008, 01:54 AM
I currently have digital calbe TV with comsast and I just bought a 52" LCD TV. I called Comcast to upgrade to HD service and asked them if they supplied an HDMI cable with the HD cable box. They told me that the basic HD cable boxes in the St. Paul area use component out only and that if I want a cable box that uses HDMI, I would have to upgrade to the DVR for an extra $15.95 per month! Hell I'm already paying $69/month for digital cable and $43/month for internet. I told the comcast rep that I'm going to switch to Satellite so she gave me the DVR free for 6 months and lowered my internet fee to $29/month for a year! I guess it pays to complain sometimes. She also told me that the government asked comcast to allow customers to purchase their own HD boxes with a cable card which will become available at BestBuy here in the Twin cities in July. So I guess I'll be buying my own HD box.

That rep just knows that a DVR is about as addictive as crack.
After you get used to timeshifting, being able to record, pause, ff, reverse, etc HD tv you'll be hooked.
My service used to be over 200 $ a month before I dropped my premium services,
still in the 180$ range.
And I'd sell blood to keep it going:1: