So, how 'bout those Giants? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So, how 'bout those Giants?

markw
02-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Nothing special with this one , including the commercials, up until that last five minutes of the last quarter when all hades broke loose. Both teams really scrambled and that's when the excitement won out. It seems they both work best under pressure. The players on both teams gave it their best and have my respect.

And, gotta love Belichick for showing his true class in the final two seconds. sorta epotimizes the term "sore sport". It was a good game up until then.

GMichael
02-04-2008, 06:22 AM
What an exciting game. I was glued to the TV the whole time. Congrats to Eli and the Giants for a job well done. The commercials were just so-so. But I enjoyed the first Terminator one where the animated football player is jumping around as usual. Then suddenly a Terminator busts in and starts beating the crap out of it. The later two were ok, but didn't have the shock value.

Groundbeef
02-04-2008, 06:24 AM
Nothing special with this one , including the commercials, up until that last five minutes of the last quarter when all hades broke loose. Both teams really scrambled and that's when the excitement won out. It seems they both work best under pressure. The players on both teams gave it their best and have my respect.

And, gotta love Belichick for showing his true class in the final two seconds. sorta epotimizes the term "sore sport". It was a good game up until then.

It was a good game. I was rooting for the Pats, if only to shut Don Shule up about his '72 Dolphins. What an ass.

As far as Belichick, I'll give him a pass. On the field, the clock has run out. He crossed the field, and congratulated the Giants. They were sheparded off the field for a forced 1 second play AFTER time was put back on the clock. It was forgone that the Giants would spike the ball, so why wait.

It's not like he ran off without going to the Giants first. Now that would have been lame.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 06:47 AM
It may sound like I'm doing the "hindsight is 20/20" thing, but I was always of the opinion that any NFC East team could knock the Pats down with... D-Fence.

The NFC East teams are historically known for punishing and relentless defense, and the Giants brought that fact to bear against the AFC's best last night. AFAIK, the Pats weren't able to run away with the score against any NFC East team during the regular season, and IMO the Eagles and Cowboys beat themselves when they played them. My hat goes off to Michael Strahan for being a patient leader, and Plaxico Burress for coming through when it really counted.

Classic NFC East football on many levels. :thumbsup:

L.J.
02-04-2008, 07:59 AM
How about the play of the game when Eli broke loose and threw the ball to Tyree...who caught the ball using the top of his helmet :yikes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEAjLh_UG6c

Pats had a couple of chances to put the game away and couldn't do it.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 08:12 AM
That drive defined the Giants season.

markw
02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
How about the play of the game when Eli broke loose and threw the ball to Tyree...who caught the ball using the top of his helmet :yikes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEAjLh_UG6c

Pats had a couple of chances to put the game away and couldn't do it.Hey, ya do what ya gotta do. That's called really using ones head. Made us wanna yell "GOL!"

The giants had a heckuva defense going there. For the most part, the two teams were just bucking heads and getting nowhere.

kexodusc
02-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I live in New England territory - I'm just glad they lost. I'm a sore loser, and after they beat my Chargers, I couldn't stomach it if they went 19-0. Just being honest.

Will that go down as the biggest choke in the history of sport, or just the NFL? The Giants were a good team, it's not the biggest upset by any means because it was soooo possible, but the circumstances of the game were a lot different than most Superbowls, and I can't think of a bigger choke where the best team lost with more on the line...

Wow.

This was the most exciting Superbowl IMO since the Rams/Titans. Who says defence is boring?

How long until NFL teams start cloning Mannings?

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 08:39 AM
And if that was convincing enough, his post-game interview should've cemented his rep. He got what he deserved.

Worf101
02-13-2008, 07:37 AM
I Will that go down as the biggest choke in the history of sport, or just the NFL?

Choke is when you gack up the game for no apparent reason cept mental pressure. You're not choking when you've four to five large, angry black men stompin' your guts out at every opportunity. That wasn't a choke job that was a chase, stomp, flatten, fold, spindle and mutilate job. Someone shoulda called 911.

Da Wrofster