All together [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : All together

SpankingVanillaice
02-03-2008, 09:58 AM
How about this which monitors will be best for future ready since the digital age is coming? Edirol MA-15D, M-Audio BX5a or the AV 40. I will be using them for just music listening and playing games and stuff related to that. I will be connecting them to my PC or my portable MP3 player or other players.

SpankingVanillaice
02-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Here are some specs for each one.

AV-40

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileAV40-main.html

MA-15D

http://www.edirol.net/products/en/MA-15D/index.html

BX5a

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOBX5A

SpankingVanillaice
02-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Since all of the AV series sound about the same so I guess i would like to compair them the BX5a and MA-15D and all of the AV Series.

Florian
02-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Oh **** OFF!! Can someone please just bann this IDIOT?

Ajani
02-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh **** OFF!! Can someone please just bann this IDIOT?

LOL...

SpankingVanillaice
02-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I am serious guys I didn't post this since I wanted people to make fun of me. Matter of fact I never said that I want people to make fun on me in the first place. If you are not serious don't even post first off.

anamorphic96
02-03-2008, 11:33 AM
What the hell are you talking about. The digital age is already here. It's been here for awhile.

Go with what your ear likes. How many times do you have to be told this.

Feanor
02-03-2008, 11:43 AM
How about this which monitors will be best for future ready since the digital age is coming? Edirol MA-15D, M-Audio BX5a or the AV 40. I will be using them for just music listening and playing games and stuff related to that. I will be connecting them to my PC or my portable MP3 player or other players.

SVI, strictly speaking only the Edirol is digital because it is the only one that accepts digital input from what I can see. All are active, (have built-in amplification), but the M-Audios both accept only line-level analog input.

SpankingVanillaice
02-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Well the Edirols has both analog and digital inputs I have seen the MA-15D and they have two analog inputs and two digital inputs. One is RCA and one is a female headphone 1/8 type and for digital there is one that is fiber optic and one is coaxal.

Ajani
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Well the Edirols has both analog and digital inputs I have seen the MA-15D and they have two analog inputs and two digital inputs. One is RCA and one is a female headphone 1/8 type and for digital there is one that is fiber optic and one is coaxal.

Congratulations, seems you've almost answered your own question...

Now just buy the Edirol and enjoy your music.....

audio amateur
02-03-2008, 12:20 PM
SVI is back:D
ps: why do we even call him SVI? does he even know it's him? haha

SpankingVanillaice
02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I do know what SVI meaning its my sn Spanking then Vanilla then Ice SVI right?

SpankingVanillaice
02-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Is this true that all digital signal will change to analog when it plays out of the speakers? Someone said the only difference it makes is that when you use digital you can have a longer cord and you won't lose signal.

basite
02-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Get the BX5a's.

no discussion.

audio amateur
02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
dont forget to keep them spinning aswell;)

johnny p
02-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Save your money..... the time is approaching where music will be transmitted directly to receptors in our brains via electrodes, making all speakers, and communication in other forms obsolete.

GMichael
02-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Hey Spanky,

How's it going?
Are you still changing your mind on speakers? I think you should stick to what you have for a little while. These small changes you have been making don't add up to much overall. You should keep the system you have for awhile and save up for a larger jump. You'll end up happier in the long run.

Mike

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 08:09 AM
He sure does go through the boyfriends doesn't he? SVI, do you have "loose" morals?

Florian
02-04-2008, 08:18 AM
SVI is most likely similar to the guy from Silence of the Lambs. He seeks a transformation of his body and life through the use of complete crap for low-fi gear.

JohnMichael
02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
He sure does go through the boyfriends doesn't he? SVI, do you have "loose" morals?

I sure did at his age.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I sure did at his age.
Well.... that's not the point!!! :incazzato:

GMichael
02-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Well.... that's not the point!!! :incazzato:

But it may stir up fond memories of the past.:ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
The past? You mean like the 40's or 50's?

GMichael
02-04-2008, 11:21 AM
20 minutes ago is/was the past now. By time you read this post, it will be in my past.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Is this true that all digital signal will change to analog when it plays out of the speakers? Someone said the only difference it makes is that when you use digital you can have a longer cord and you won't lose signal.
:crazy:

20 minutes ago is/was the past now. By time you read this post, it will be in my past.
Remember though, we've had tears in the time/space continuum before...

JohnMichael
02-04-2008, 11:37 AM
The past? You mean like the 40's or 50's?

Actually I enjoy remembering my 20's and 30's more. Now that I am in my 50's I am busy enjoying my partners 30's.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Shoot! You're older than me JM! :biggrin5:

GMichael
02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Actually I enjoy remembering my 20's and 30's more. Now that I am in my 50's I am busy enjoying my partners 30's.

I've read that 30 goes into 50 more times than 50 goes into 30. Is that correct?

JohnMichael
02-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I've read that 30 goes into 50 more times than 50 goes into 30. Is that correct?

That is correct sir!:cornut:

JohnMichael
02-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Shoot! You're older than me JM! :biggrin5:

I will be 52 this March.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Okay, I'm getting too many numbers here. Please stop!

SpankingVanillaice
02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
I traded my BX5a with the Roland DS-30A today and I really like how the DS-30A sounds. Plus they have digital inputs and also HF Trim and LF Trim in the back for room adjustments.

SpankingVanillaice
02-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Here are some pics of my Roland DS-30A digital monitors I use for just music listening.

GMichael
02-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Here are some pics of my Roland DS-30A digital monitors.

Very handson speakers there Spank. I hope they help you to enjoy your music more than ever.
By the way, what kind of music do you listen to?

SpankingVanillaice
02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I returned the Rolands since it was making a loud buzzing noise and it was driving me crazy. But here are pics of my orginal monitors I ordered off the net. These are the M-Audio BX5a.

Rich-n-Texas
02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
"A loud buzzing noise"? Were the BX's making a loud buzzing noise too?

SpankingVanillaice
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
No the BX5a doesn't make any noise so I didn't know why it was making noise. Some people said it could be the cable but if that's the case then why some guys say that the DS-30A makes amp noise. But I know that the BX5a doesn't have any of those noises since right now I have been using them and I hear nothing only my music so that's good.

SpankingVanillaice
02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I know that all Edirol and M-Audio monitors I used didn't have any buzzing noise. Even the small compac AV-20 sounded really good and clear with no noise which is amazing since they are soo small and compac and very affordable. I really did like the AV-20 since they are small and portable but I do have to say that they are quite heavy for a porable speaker since they are built really durable and good components are used inside.

N. Abstentia
02-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Digital sounds like crap anyway, you want analog for your sound.

topspeed
02-06-2008, 09:56 AM
The buzzing was likely a problem with the ground on the Roland's IEC cord. A 25 cent cheater plug that removes the ground (that's the cylindrical one, Spank) and changes the cord from a 3 prong to a 2 prong would probably fix the problem.

BTW Spanky, all music is analog by the time it reaches your ears. You simply decide if you want the digital signal converted to analog by your cdp, receiver, or in your case with active speakers, at the speaker. Technically speaking, there is less chance for signal degradation by running digital ic's to the speaker as opposed to regular speaker wire for long runs. However, who's to say the DAC's in the speakers are as good as those in your cdp?

Rich-n-Texas
02-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Get all that SVI?

I think you should go get your Roland's back.

SpankingVanillaice
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Well actualy I made a deal with the owner of Keyboard Castle and said I want to trade in with the M-Audio BX5a monitors I have with the M-Audio AV-20 to get some money back and then I can save that money and get something else like headphones or a expansion pack for The Sims 2 called Season so I can get all 4 seasons on my game. I' am a PC gamer and I also know alot about computers. I' am also into audio and pro audio like studio monitors as you know. I like listening to music alot and I listen to allkinds of music but not into country or oldies. My fav types of music are Alternative rock, Jazz, Pop, Techno, Hip Hop and some Rap. For games I like my fav games are The Sims 2, Doom 3, StarCraft and Quake 4. The current expansion packs I have are University and Pets and Open Business for The Sims 2 and now I want to get Seasons since then I have have the 4 seasons. After that I can get the other ones they have so I can complete my game and get the most out of them.

SpankingVanillaice
02-06-2008, 04:24 PM
I really think that the M-Audio AV-20 are good enough for me since they played really clear and flat response like most studio monitors are plus they are portable and compac. They are kinda heavy for there size but that means they are built well and durable and that's very good since if I took good care of them they will last long time.

johnny p
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I hope "Chief" leaves you and Nurse Ratchet when he makes a run for it!!!!!!!

Florian
02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I cannot possibly imagine any company that would hire a gay dinosaur loving IT beeing who shows his lack of any intelligence on a daily basis in one of the largest hifi sites on the internet.

Luvin Da Blues
02-07-2008, 12:47 PM
I cannot possibly imagine any company that would hire a gay dinosaur loving IT beeing who shows his lack of any intelligence on a daily basis in one of the largest hifi sites on the internet.

Come on Flo, I think your being too hard on him. I don't think they actually hired him, he works pro bono (or he just hangs around and they can't get rid of him). :1:

Florian
02-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I used to hang around in audio stores too and oogle at the stuff i couldnt afford back then, but even i had some respect. To me, he is just a spam bot :incazzato:

Every now and then i look at this site and think to myself that this would be a pretty cool place to hang out, then i see this idiot and my range goes overboard. Where the heck i s a real site admin who filters this? Or did this "ignoring and money grabbing" with Ericl begin like i said it would? I remeber when i started to build the planar section... i needed some help and couldn't get it from NO moderator on this site. Now its all just sitting there like a dead duck. :sad:

How much is it to buy this site?

blackraven
02-07-2008, 11:53 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..................Oh, sorry! I fell asleep for a minute and now I'm going to kill myself after reading this thread. Why do you guys even bother responding to this fodder?

Worf101
02-12-2008, 10:06 AM
This guys STILL around?

Amazing, just amazing.

Da Worfster

Ajani
02-12-2008, 10:25 AM
This guys STILL around?

Yep... afraid so...

Rich-n-Texas
02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
You're going to hurt his feelings!

GMichael
02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
You guys better watch out. He gets upset when people joke around on his threads.
He may throw a few unhappy faces at you.:mad5:

Blue Meanie
02-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Save your money..... the time is approaching where music will be transmitted directly to receptors in our brains via electrodes, making all speakers, and communication in other forms obsolete.

Great. Then he'll be asking which brain to invest in.:rolleyes: