Anyone heard Tiles? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard Tiles?

Mr Peabody
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
I received a email suggestion for a band called Tiles. Apparently their 5th album. Fly Paper, is coming out and features appearances from Alana Miles, Kim Mitchell and Alex Lifeson. They are supposed to be Prog-Metal but I haven't heard of them before.

Finch Platte
01-31-2008, 04:09 PM
I received a email suggestion for a band called Tiles. Apparently their 5th album. Fly Paper, is coming out and features appearances from Alana Miles, Kim Mitchell and Alex Lifeson. They are supposed to be Prog-Metal but I haven't heard of them before.

Never heard of 'em. (http://www.tiles-music.com/)

Thanks for the tip!

fp

Edit: And their MySpace page. (http://www.myspace.com/tilesmusic)

ForeverAutumn
01-31-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm listening to their My Space page now and the music is pretty good. I'm not loving the vocalist though. I can't pinpoint what's wrong with him, I just find the voice kind of grating. Nice tunes otherwise. Thanks for pointing them out.

3-LockBox
02-01-2008, 02:33 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">They have been pretty much labeled Rush clones for the most part.

I've heard some from this band, and while there are similarities, the quality of writing is no match.

If only there were more prog bands to ape Rush, instead of an umpteenth take on Genesis, Floyd or Yes.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Finch Platte
02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
I've heard some from this band, and while there are similarities, the quality of writing is no match.

That's not saying much. When's the last time Rush wrote a "Spirit Of Radio" or "Tom Sawyer?"

fp

3-LockBox
02-01-2008, 03:46 PM
That's not saying much. When's the last time Rush wrote a "Spirit Of Radio" or "Tom Sawyer?"

fp

:rolleyes:

BarryL
02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Tiles. . They are supposed to be Prog-Metal but I haven't heard of them before.
I have one of their albums. They are a three-piece like Rush. but they don't have the chops or the song-writing skills IMO. The album I have was produced by Terry Brown, Rush's producer from their more progressive years. This only adds to the conclusion that thy are third-rat Rrush wannabes.