I must be one of the luckiest guys on the planet. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I must be one of the luckiest guys on the planet.

GMichael
01-31-2008, 07:08 AM
While others have to deal with a WAF my wife is on a whole different level. First off, let me start with a short story about one of the owners of my company. This man could afford to put about any system he wants in his home. He asked me to put together a nice system for him. Time and time again, his wife would shoot it down based on the speakers being too big. I even put together some tiny options for them. In the end, despite my objections, he ended up with a Bose system.
On the other side of the coin, I got home last night to find my old Infinity speakers set up in the living room. I asked, "Honey, why are these back up here?" She asked if I liked how they look there. Of coarse, but they aren't hooked up. We already have rear speakers. I look around and see that two old subwoofers are in the room too. They have lamps on them in each corner. "Don't they look good there?" she asked.
What I want to know is, how did she get all of these up the stairs without any help? And what did I do to deserve such a fantastic wife.

noddin0ff
01-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Heh, heh. Is there another man...moving speakers, I mean?

GMichael
01-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Hmmmm............

She didn't smell any different.

Groundbeef
01-31-2008, 07:24 AM
While others have to deal with a WAF my wife is on a whole different level. First off, let me start with a short story about one of the owners of my company. This man could afford to put about any system he wants in his home. He asked me to put together a nice system for him. Time and time again, his wife would shoot it down based on the speakers being too big. I even put together some tiny options for them. In the end, despite my objections, he ended up with a Bose system.
On the other side of the coin, I got home last night to find my old Infinity speakers set up in the living room. I asked, "Honey, why are these back up here?" She asked if I liked how they look there. Of coarse, but they aren't hooked up. We already have rear speakers. I look around and see that two old subwoofers are in the room too. They have lamps on them in each corner. "Don't they look good there?" she asked.
What I want to know is, how did she get all of these up the stairs without any help? And what did I do to deserve such a fantastic wife.

Oh, blah blah. I bet she didn't have them 12' apart.

Back 50 years ago, that was when a woman was a WOMAN. Not only would she have lugged those speakers up the stairs, she would have properly set them up. Then mixed you a drink, and had your smoking jacket at the ready.

After feeding you a home cooked meal, and lighting your pipe (no, not that one, thats later), she would have massaged your feet, and complimented you on being the man you are.

And if she was German, all the better. After all they make the best cars you know.

kexodusc
01-31-2008, 07:30 AM

Back 50 years ago, that was when a woman was a WOMAN. Not only would she have lugged those speakers up the stairs, she would have properly set them up. Then mixed you a drink, and had your smoking jacket at the ready.

After feeding you a home cooked meal, and lighting your pipe (no, not that one, thats later), she would have massaged your feet, and complimented you on being the man you are.

And if she was German, all the better. After all they make the best cars you know.

Why do I get a feeling your mom or grandmother would beat your ass if they were reading this? :lol:

Rich-n-Texas
01-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Okay. So on the first side of the coin, you were out-muscled by a woman (or to put it less sexist) your bosses wife.

Then...

Brother, you were outsmarted by your wife in the same manner L.J. outsmarts his wife. :rolleyes:

She went out and bought two lamps (that you probably can't afford because of your mortgage stuation) needed a place to put them and by using your old subs, duped you into thinking she's good with having all those unconnected speakers in the room. Eventually, she'll say... I think these relatively inexpensive end tables are a better match for the lamps than the speakers are, don't you think darling?

The mailman, and... see above. :rolleyes:

:biggrin5:

GMichael
01-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Okay. So on the first side of the coin, you were out-muscled by a woman (or to put it less sexist) your bosses wife.
She sleeps with him and does things that I have no intensions of competing with.

Then...

Brother, you were outsmarted by your wife in the same manner L.J. outsmarts his wife. :rolleyes:

She went out and bought two lamps (that you probably can't afford because of your mortgage situation) needed a place to put them and by using your old subs, duped you into thinking she's good with having all those unconnected speakers in the room. Eventually, she'll say... I think these relatively inexpensive end tables are a better match for the lamps than the speakers are, don't you think darling?

The lamps were gifts from that same owner a few months ago. Can't beat that price.

The mailman, and... see above. :rolleyes:

:biggrin5:

Our mailman is a mailwoman. Next time, I'm filming it.

Groundbeef
01-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Why do I get a feeling your mom or grandmother would beat your ass if they were reading this? :lol:

Well, considering my wife is 1st generation american (both parents German). I would think she would agree that German women are best. Thanks for your concern.

Rich-n-Texas
01-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Young beautiful Italian women are ageless. I've known a few.

Rich-n-Texas
01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
She sleeps with him and does things that I have no intensions of competing with.

The lamps were gifts from that same owner a few months ago. Can't beat that price.

Our mailman is a mailwoman. Next time, I'm filming it.
I stand by my theory.

kexodusc
01-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Well, considering my wife is 1st generation american (both parents German). I would think she would agree that German women are best. Thanks for your concern.
Wasn't knocking German women (I lived in Lahr, LOVE them German gals), just laughing at your comments about the glory days of wives...my ma and granny wouldn't have made the cut - Dad usually came home to a list of complaints and chores, and I can't see Grams rubbing anyone's feet, though dinner was always cooked.

Groundbeef
01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Wasn't knocking German women (I lived in Lahr, LOVE them German gals), just laughing at your comments about the glory days of wives...my ma and granny wouldn't have made the cut - Dad usually came home to a list of complaints and chores, and I can't see Grams rubbing anyone's feet, though dinner was always cooked.

Well, thats because you live in Canada. Your mom was probably just tired from shoveling snow all day (in July), and beating back wayward moose. Plus with everyone wondering if Quebec is going to secede who has time to think about dear ole' dad?

Ajani
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Well, thats because you live in Canada. Your mom was probably just tired from shoveling snow all day (in July), and beating back wayward moose. Plus with everyone wondering if Quebec is going to secede who has time to think about dear ole' dad?

I'm deeply offended by these Anti-Canadian comments!!!!

Oh wait a sec... I'm not a Canadian...

Carry on....

To quote South Park The Movie: *$%^ Canada!

Rich-n-Texas
01-31-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't appreciate your loose language Ajani. :ihih:

Ajani
01-31-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't appreciate your loose language Ajani. :ihih:

Well %$*& you too!!!! You and your fellow Canadians in Texas!!!!

GMichael
01-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Well %$*& you too!!!! You and your fellow Canadians in Texas!!!!

He tried out for the hockey team but almost drowned.

Rich-n-Texas
01-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Well, I haven't seen any people walking around with black loafers and black knee-hi socks and shorts so I don't think there are any Habs down here. :sosp:

Rich-n-Texas
01-31-2008, 01:16 PM
He tried out for the hockey team but almost drowned.
Who drowned? Who said I drowned? I didn't drown, you drowned!

Freakin' Fish.

L.J.
01-31-2008, 01:25 PM

Now now Rich,......my upgrades have all been done out of love http://www.clipart.co.uk/clipart/mazeguy/expressive/angel.gif

E-Stat
01-31-2008, 02:08 PM

LOL! Best post of the day!

rw

kexodusc
01-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Hmmm...thought you knew...I grew up in the USA dude...North Dakota mostly. So, yeah, my mom was pretty tired from shoveling snow...

O'Shag
01-31-2008, 08:00 PM
My Missus won't even let me carry a shopping bag. She thinks it looks bad that the man should do that. She HATES to see guys walking around with the baby in a front papous, the '!-wanna-be-pregnant' look. She says she won't let me change diapers when we have kids. She cooks, cleans, everything that is so politically incorrect for women to do these days. I won't even mention the nooky, which is brilliant. On top of it all, shes gorgeous and highly intelligent...except in one wee respect. She is not into the stereo. But 9.999 out of ten ain't bad.

Rich-n-Texas
01-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Does she have any sisters who live in Texas O' ???

O'Shag
01-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Rich, I'm a lucky guy.
But I had to go through some real stinkers to get her finally!!

We get out to Dallas a lot though. Texas is a great state