Bluejean HDMI cable question? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bluejean HDMI cable question?

blackraven
01-31-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm planning on buying some HDMI cables from bluejeancables. Has anyone bought any of their HDMI cables? I cant decide whether to go with the Belden-1 or lighter gauge and more flexible F series cable. I will need 3' and 7' cables. Thanks!
Larry

Feanor
01-31-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm planning on buying some HDMI cables from bluejeancables. Has anyone bought any of their HDMI cables? I cant decide whether to go with the Belden-1 or lighter gauge and more flexible F series cable. I will need 3' and 7' cables. Thanks!
Larry

I'm astonished at the sheer number of different HDMI options and price ranges they offer -- not typical of BJC.

I have no suggestions, unfortunately, since as yet I have no two pieces of equipment the can communicate via HDMI.

bfalls
01-31-2008, 07:16 AM
You may want to check out ebay. I see auctions all the time for inexpensive HDMI cables. I purchased two 12' HDMI 1.3 compatible cable for around $8 each. They're sold by large ebay stores with starting bids of $.99 with no reserve. There are so many available it's very common to see them with no bids at the end of the auction. Within 10 minutes I purchased two from different vendors for $0.99 and $6-$7 shipping. Not bad for a 12' HDMI 1.3 cable. They wok just fine for my PS3 and HD-DVD players. Why pay big bucks if you don't need to.

L.J.
01-31-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm using the series-1 and they are stiff. If you don't have alot of room behind your rack, you may wanna go with the flexible. These(S-1) suckers do not bend very easily. I have just enough room.

blackraven
01-31-2008, 08:27 PM
I called bluejean and they recommended that I go with the F series for the short legnths that I need.

Feanor
02-01-2008, 06:21 AM
I called bluejean and they recommended that I go with the F series for the short legnths that I need.

That's good to know, Larry. It applies to my foreseable requirement too.

You'd have gotten a green chicklet if I hadn't already given you one so recently.

alt4
02-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm astonished at the sheer number of different HDMI options and price ranges they offer -- not typical of BJC.

I have no suggestions, unfortunately, since as yet I have no two pieces of equipment the can communicate via HDMI.

Yeah that use to be my problem!!