Marantz 2325 receiver repair [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marantz 2325 receiver repair

misty11656
01-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Does anyone have experience in the repair of the Marantz 2325 receiver? I can't find a local shop that will look at it. There is a problem in the start-up circuit. I replaced the relay but I think there might be a capacitor that needs to be replaced. I have the schematic that came with the receiver but there is a lot of information in a small space. Any help would be appreciated.

basite
01-30-2008, 05:13 AM
Does anyone have experience in the repair of the Marantz 2325 receiver? I can't find a local shop that will look at it. There is a problem in the start-up circuit. I replaced the relay but I think there might be a capacitor that needs to be replaced. I have the schematic that came with the receiver but there is a lot of information in a small space. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Misty, I can't really help you myself. But another forum, www.audiokarma.org is specialized in vintage gear, and alot of people there know pretty much every amp ever built out of their heads, so it might be worth checking out too...

don't lose the amp though, it's a fantastic product...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

topspeed
01-30-2008, 04:15 PM
If you have the schematic, any decent EE should be able to diagnose the problem. There is also a guy on e-bay that is always selling refurbished Marantz receivers. You could probably check in with him and see if he can help you out.

Do whatever it takes. I've got a 2230 and as Bert noted, these babies are worth the effort. I had mine completely refurb'd with new caps, biasing, lights, etc., and even had the pots pulled and rebuilt and the whole shebang ran around $150.

Worth every penny.

misty11656
02-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Thanks, I'll give AudiaKarma a shot.

finetuned
02-07-2008, 05:18 PM
In order to diagnose the problem, you need to determine if the protection circuit is being held in protect by DC offset from one channel or if the protection circuit itself is at fault. I repair many vintage Marantz units and would be happy to check it out if you want to ship. Contact me if interested John@fine-tuned.com