Stealing some Paradigm 7se's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stealing some Paradigm 7se's

jcmanic
01-29-2008, 12:08 PM
First Post, bare with me.
I found a pair of Paradigm 7se's for $25 at a local pawn shop. The speakers look to be in decent condition, but I am afraid someone tried to refoam/repair one woofer with rubber cement. Would this still be a wise investment, and is it easy enough to do a proper refoam to make this worth it for me?

JohnMichael
01-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Welcome to AudioReview. If it is just the woofers needing new surrounds they sound like a bargain. Several members have refoamed woofers and I am sure they will give you good advice. I know Madisound has surround kits as do several other companies. Sounds like a worthwhile project.

kexodusc
01-29-2008, 01:17 PM
At $25, yeah...they're a pretty sweet deal. Jump on them.

jcmanic
01-29-2008, 03:28 PM
went and picked them up along with a pair of DCM CX-27 for the same price. All I can say is wow. I hooked the DCM's up first and was stunned. I hooked the Paradigms up last and my jaw hit the floor. Thanks for the great site, and getting me started into a very costly way of life.

RoadRunner6
01-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Hope your jaw is OK. Now that's what I call a deal! :)

jcmanic
01-31-2008, 08:24 AM
So I am giving the DCM's another shot, and I am thouroughly impressed. The first time I hooked them up, I forgot to switch my reciever to 4 ohm(they are 6 ohm speakers) After the switch, and reading through their manual, they seem to have a much fuller range. I am liking them more and more. Seem to be more musical than the paradigms, but not quite as accurate.