Crunch Time [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Crunch Time

jimib
01-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I have it narrowed down.Paradigm monitor 9 v5 at $900.Heard 'em.Sound awesome.Or Triangle Heliade ES at $650 =$100 for shipping, unheard.Any input on Triangles?

jrhymeammo
01-26-2008, 04:57 PM
I used to own a pair of Comete ES. They are very responsive, especially in high frequency. If you are going to drive them with some HT receiver, then I would rather go with something else.

They are very quick and will be a good match with SET amp. Can't comment on Heliade, but bass definition was not Comete's strong suite.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

blackraven
01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I love Triangle's, at least the towers that my friend has. I cant remember the name but they were $3,500. They have the best tweeters I have ever heard. Bass is not their strong point but the bass is very tight and crisp. Their forte is accuracy, detail, treble, imaging and sound stage. If your using a sub I wouldn't worry about bass. My friends speakers sounded a little light on bass until he paired them with the Marantz SA8001 SACDP. It warmed up the sound and gave it the bass that it needed. It was like a match made in heaven. I prefer the sound of his system over mine in some respects.

By the way, where did you find a triangle dealer?

jimib
01-27-2008, 03:59 AM
Actually, There is a dealer on Audiogon who has several of the ES series at quite a discount, apparently making room for the ESW series. I'll be driving them with a Carver TFM 24 amp, source is a Marantz CD 5001. Mostly rock, new and old, and some newer alternative stuff.Never any jazz or classical, at least very rarely.