PS-3 user issues. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PS-3 user issues.

hifitommy
01-26-2008, 01:30 PM
as i understand it, the 80G unit plays sacd, at least in stereo (ok w/me).

1. mc in hdmi (can the front channels be played through the analog stereo outputs during the hdmi mc playback?

2. is there a bluetooth keyboard and MOUSE available. i dont interface well with the touchpad. i understand a keyboard with touchpad is.

i want to be able to surf the net while listening to my audio system.

3. is the display on the big screen large enough to be viewed from accross the room where i sit for listening?

thanx in advance.

johnny p
01-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Can't help you much, as I just used my PS3 for the first time today, but I can tell you that Best Buy has announced they're no longer going to carry the 80G, so you better make the jump soon!!! No telling what they'll put out next.

hifitommy
01-26-2008, 01:37 PM
my daughter has done some legwork there for me. she found out the new ones dont do sacd. i may have to buy now, and possibly return next week after i find out what i need to know.

GMichael
01-28-2008, 07:21 AM
as i understand it, the 80G unit plays sacd, at least in stereo (ok w/me).

1. mc in hdmi (can the front channels be played through the analog stereo outputs during the hdmi mc playback?

2. is there a bluetooth keyboard and MOUSE available. i dont interface well with the touchpad. i understand a keyboard with touchpad is.

i want to be able to surf the net while listening to my audio system.

3. is the display on the big screen large enough to be viewed from accross the room where i sit for listening?

thanx in advance.

1. No, sorry. One or the other. Not both.

2. Yes. I've seen them, but I don't have links for you. Once I get caught up here I'll try to find a few. Are you on-line with your PS3 yet? There's a store you can access with your PS3 on-line very easily.

3. You should be able to view it the same as any other advertisement you would see on your TV. I think I'm understanding your question.:idea:

hifitommy
01-28-2008, 05:46 PM
in an actual use test, i found that i can use the net OR listen to a sacd, not both at the same time with the ps3. in addition, it was getting to be COSTLY.

that negates my need. i will try another route to my desire.

thanks again.