Some successes!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Some successes!!

piece-it pete
03-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Iraqi interm constitution (had my doubts!!). Step three complete (for now)!

Aristide gone - hope for Haitians yet!

Pete

JSE
03-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey Pete,

How dare you report good news about Iraq! Have you learned nothing? ;)

Haiti? I have not really kept up with this situation so far. I do however keep hearing the "left" saying that Bush unseated democratically elected leader, Aristide. I also thought I heard that his elected term was up back in 1995 or so and has refused to give up his position since that time. Is this true? If so, then how did Bush unseat him. He would not have been the legitimate elected leader after his term was over and no new elections put him back in power?

Sorry for my cluelessness on this topic. I have been reading terrorism books per someone's advise lately. :D

JSE

By the way, I like the new Avatar. Very fitting. :eek:

piece-it pete
03-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Hey Pete,

How dare you report good news about Iraq! Have you learned nothing? ;)

Haiti? I have not really kept up with this situation so far. I do however keep hearing the "left" saying that Bush unseated democratically elected leader, Aristide. I also thought I heard that his elected term was up back in 1995 or so and has refused to give up his position since that time. Is this true? If so, then how did Bush unseat him. He would not have been the legitimate elected leader after his term was over and no new elections put him back in power?

Sorry for my cluelessness on this topic. I have been reading terrorism books per someone's advise lately. :D

JSE

By the way, I like the new Avatar. Very fitting. :eek:

Yea we're doing very well in Iraq, so far. We have some very dedicated individuals there! But the opposition can't admit it, particularly in an election year. Bush? Doing well? Fie, I say! Fie!! (Ni?? Noooooo!! :) ).

I honestly don't know all the details on the Haiti thing, but remember these: Aristide did "win" an election some time ago, but was roundly condemned by the international community for fraud and such things as "burning necklaces", tires hung around opponents' necks & set on fire (there's a great way to win votes lol).

Now he's suddenly a victim & again, the US did it! And, we're again unilateral for not waiting for the UN to intercede (while Haiti is raped, looted, & burned). Never mind that our boys' lives are on the line with no intention of staying. The big, evil US indeed!

Heaven forbid that the Haitians should be responsible for their own problems. It must have been Bush!! (But who cares. What, me worry? :) )

Pete

PS what book are you reading?