Recommendations on audio towers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on audio towers

IBSTORMIN
01-24-2008, 06:33 PM
I need an audio tower to hold three amps, one @ 70 lbs, two @ 50 lbs, a pre/pro @ 40 lbs and DVD @ 30 lbs (all weights approx and subject to change if I buy something different). Probably put my turntable on top but it's not real heavy like the rest. I have looked @ Bello but was wondering if there is anything else you all could recommend that would hold this kind of weight. Some of what I have looked at does not give weight rating on the shelves. Please help ! ! ! ! !

Mr Peabody
01-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't know any brands but have to been to www.amusicdirect.com to see what they have?

IBSTORMIN
01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Mr P, WOW what a store! All kinds of stuff I would like to own and lots of names I've never heard of. A little too high end for me, but thanks!

SlumpBuster
01-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Peabody's right Music Direct is a good vendor. But if they are too pricey, check out www.audioadvisor.com

IBSTORMIN
01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Peabody's right Music Direct is a good vendor. But if they are too pricey, check out www.audioadvisor.com

Thanks Slump! I think I have found what I was looking for @ audioadvisor. Apreciate it.

Peabody is AWESOME. Very knowledgable and I want to learn all I can from him. Music DIrect has great items but intimidating to me. A little too high end for my budget. I did buy three DVD-A from them. THANKS MR P ! !

All of my equipment I bought used at great deals. I'm happy with it, it probably doesn't stack up to what you all have but priorities............Meanwhile in a seperate thread, several people convinced me that in their definition, I am an Audiophile. I'm trying to live up to that by not being happy with what I currently have. I WANT MORE ! ! !