Question regarding center channel placement and angle [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding center channel placement and angle

codecougar
01-24-2008, 06:04 PM
My center channel is almost 6 feet above the floor. My ear level is about 3 feet above the floor. There is not much I can do about this set up, it is what I have to work with.

So basically, my center channel is almost 3 feet above ear level (I'm pretty good at math) :)

I am using the Infinity Beta C360.

I was just wondering if it would be advisable to angle the center channel down a bit by boosting up the rear. This way it would be directed a bit more (but not totally) towards my ears. I could simply jack up the back with some wood or z-bricks. Just wondering if this was necessary, a good idea, bad idea, or any input anyone may have. Thanks !!

Luvin Da Blues
01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
That's exactly what you need to do CC. I use door wedges for my center channel speaker. I angle mine so it fires just above my head.

RoyY51
01-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I use thick rubber bumpers, the kind you put under the legs of chairs. I'm always looking for anything that helps with vibration isolation, and this would seem the best (read: Home Depot) way to accomplish this. I also use thin neoprene washers on the unelevated side to better decouple the speaker from the stand.

musicman1999
01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Angle to seating position for sure, mine cc is below screen but angled up.

bill