response to JRA [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : response to JRA

dean_martin
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
sorry I didn't find your post in the belt-drive vs. direct drive thread until the thread was closed. (I really intended to avoid the debate.) I spent a considerable amount of time typing a comparison of my entry-level Pro-Ject belt-drive to my new Technics DD (which does NOT have any of the KAB mods) before discovering that the thread was locked down. My post was lost. I may try to reconstruct it after getting over my present frustration.

JohnMichael
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Dean I am sorry about the loss of you review. I was unhappy with how ugly the thread was becoming and I locked it down. I know many would be interested in reading your comparisons, myself included.

dean_martin
01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Dean I am sorry about the loss of you review. I was unhappy with how ugly the thread was becoming and I locked it down. I know many would be interested in reading your comparisons, myself included.

I can appreciate that, JM. That's the very reason why I avoided opening the thread for so long. I should have noticed the lock before I tried to respond. I'll post my comparison in a new thread soon.

BTW, just for clarification and so there's no confusion, JRA's post that I was going to respond to was very civil.

jrhymeammo
01-24-2008, 05:59 PM
We would love to hear your opinion of SL-1200, but perhaps not a comparison of DD and BD.

Since we both own basically the same unit, I would like to know what all the improvements you had.

I'm considering to get one in Black(Maybe..). Perhaps swap out to a Origin Live arm, if I keep the unit long enough.....

Hey JM, I never thought that thread went outta control.... Was it as bad as RL in cable threads?

Thanks,