For you pixelthis [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : For you pixelthis

Rich-n-Texas
01-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Well, rich, I like you, even tho your comprehension is right down there with sir t.
Exactly as I noted. I read you like a book.

You made a joke, I joked back, you think I was serious about TI getting its integrated chip from a crashed flying saucer?
Your jokes read too much like insults. You insult people left and right with no indication of sarcasm. And your perceived angry disposition reinforces that fact.

NOW i DID SAY SOME RATHER DEROGATORY THINGS ABOUT TI, and for the most part, they were true. Sorry if you cant take some criticism.
You don't know anything about my company sir. Again, if your real personality is anything like the one you portray here, you'd never get a foot in the door. TI prides itself on its high ethical standards.

As for TI'S hiring practices, well so what what? I expect no less from ANY company,
what you describe is the bare minimum.
Really? You work for a security firm correct? We contract with Allied Barton; I see many of their employees during the day, Why is that, and does it work that way with your company as well?

Unlike you I HAVE BEEN in the south a long time, my entire life. I know probably better than you what happens when one group is persecuted by another. And I DONT LIKE IT.
Don't know what brought this on, but now things become very clear, so let me make it clear to you:
And I dont care about how many products they have their devices in, etc. That just shows
how much money you can make catering to the lowest common denomonator,
and how much money you can make being a govt contractor.
This is again, just another way that you show your ignorance. I'm glad you don't know how many products TI has chips in, as long as you spout comments like this one off, you prove your ignorance to everyone reading your responses. From what you've just taught me with this attempt to psychoanalyze me, you ARE the lowest common denominator of society. By the way, Rockwell is no longer part of Texas Instruments so I don't know where you get this government contractor bit. We do still own Burr Brown though.

My experience with TI and its rather mediocre products is a rather long one, I KNOW WHAT i AM TALKING ABOUT.
Do you think that by turning on caps that this helps you convince people that you really know what you're talking about? Insult my company as much as you wish sir, you mean nothing to us.

Now back to you, I dont know how to tell you, rich in your own mind, but you're rather, ah, shallow.
This is where the real psychoanalysis starts right? Before I go any further, notice that I spelled psychoanalysis correctly.

You talk about firebirds and hooters girls like you're stuck in another decade or something.
Stuck in another decade? Wrong thread. I haven't been to a Hooters resturant recently, but I think they still exist here in the 21st century, and they still hire young black, white, hispanic, indian, asain, oriental females. I talk about firebirds because I own one. And I think I talk about it in the correct context. (Just guessing that's what you're talking about).

You talk about living in "the moment", great until you get to the next moment.
You are like what a lot of america turns out...LITE.
Like lite beer, scratch under your surface and what do you find? More surface.
Ever read a book? You don't read instruction manuels so I doubt it.
Ever tilt at a windmill? Try to understand something bigger than you?
Sleep with a woman who was more beautiful on the inside than the outside?
Now shallow aint bad, it can be rather amusing, but its just too easy to make jabs
at the un-selfaware.
You don't know me sir, you know only a stage presence. Although I will admit that in this community as well as the real world, I try to have a positive influence on the lives of all I touch. My sense of humor is how I accomplish that goal. You on the other hand do nothing more than belittle anyone who looks cross eyed at you, just like a spoiled little two year old. Remember what I said earlier, I owe you nothing, so if you don't like what I write (and don't try to rise above your well entrenched reputation here by telling me you like me.. you like no one), stay away from me. Get your own house in order before you try to analyze someone elses.

Now a event is unfolding, in slow motion, kinda. I heard a guy on the net, lost 40 grand in a DAY.
Basically , 401k kid, you're gonna wake up one day, and find that everybody has called in
there notes, China, the middle east, etc. And you 401k will still be there, but the k will stand for krud.
401K kid? WTF are you talking about? Does your security company even offer one? Last I checked, 401K plans ARE the tool for retirement income. Where do you get the idea that my 401K plan is going to tank? See? This is just another example of how ignorant you are. Prove to me that my plan is going to be crud (yes, that's crud with a C) when I retire. Are you telling me that you know how I invest in my 401K plan? Are you telling me that you know how my plan is even set up?

And you're gonna have to go out and find a REAL job,
Whats a real job in your opinion? Sitting behind a desk, watching patients to see if their gowns are undone in the back Maybe you should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror sir.

and attract a woman by your own
natural skills, not just pay the going rate.
This is the joke part right? My sarcasm detector is smoking again.

And eat stuff that youi used to throw away.
And the experience, if it doesnt kill ya, will make you a much better human.
But until then, you're gonna be shallow.
I throw away chicken fat, I don't eat grisstle, and corn cobs really turn me off. If I start eating them will I become a deeper individual? Is that what you're getting at?

Doesnt mean that I or others dont like you, it just means that you dont get our jokes:1:
I know who my friends are here, and I wouldn't lump myself in the same category as everyone else if I were you. You don't have ANY sense of community sir.

Edits per RnT's request

audio amateur
01-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I feel that was actually a fairly civilized exchange

GMichael
01-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I feel that was actually a fairly civilized exchange

Check back tomorrow.

L.J.
01-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Steel Cage huh?

And so it begins....,..

Rich-n-Texas
01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
It's not likely he knows how to get here so I'll link it.

L.J. I mean absolutely no offense to you. Are we good?

JohnMichael
01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
What the hell is going on around here. Did someone spike the water cooler. Here we are in the steel cage, they are fighting over trurntables, Melvin has been causing a stir and we have brand new members with zero post count private messaging to spam. I need a glass of wine. Carry on men.

Ajani
01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Don't know what brought this on, but now things become very clear, so let me make it clear to you: Neither I, my parents, nor my grandparents owned slaves. Yeah, I'm from the liberal north, the part of the country that fought to end slavery. Don't forget that. I owe you nothing. No one else here owes you anything either. You got a problem with white people take it up with your tool, Al Sharpton...........

You might want to be careful with statements like that....

Not all Black/Other Minorities feel that White people owe them anything....

And since you really don't know what race Pixel is.... jumping to the conclusion that he's a black guy who feels you owe him something, is bordering on offensive....

Though I do agree with your point somewhat.... personally, I don't believe in this generational hatred... Children should bot be punished for the crimes of their parents (even if those parents never went to jail for their crimes)....

GMichael
01-24-2008, 10:32 AM

Oh sure. You worry about LJ's feeling. What about mine?

Rich-n-Texas
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
You might want to be careful with statements like that....

Not all Black/Other Minorities feel that White people owe them anything....

And since you really don't know what race Pixel is.... jumping to the conclusion that he's a black guy who feels you owe him something, is bordering on offensive....

Though I do agree with your point somewhat.... personally, I don't believe in this generational hatred... Children should bot be punished for the crimes of their parents (even if those parents never went to jail for their crimes)....
Thank you for your input. This is between myself and pixelthis. I made it clear in the other thread that I'd respond to him here in a more appropriate forum. I didn't ask you or anyone else to follow. If you find my words offensive, please remove yourself from this thread.

Groundbeef
01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Reading this post is somewhat distasteful.

Sort of like the Pixel/PS "debate" over who did/didn't do something.

Rich, you are cool, and I enjoy your posts. Pixel, not so much.

Be careful you don't dirty yourself too much Rich, sometimes its best to leave ignorant fools to themselves.

Now, GM did you bring any popcorn, or are you gonna hog it like you do the ladies?

Ajani
01-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Thank you for your input. This is between myself and pixelthis. I made it clear in the other thread that I'd respond to him here in a more appropriate forum. I didn't ask you or anyone else to follow. If you find my words offensive, please remove yourself from this thread.

My input was just meant to be helpful advice (my apologies if it seemed to be some kind of an attack on you)... and since I have no issue with you... I'll leave you and Pixel to duke it out....

Good Luck...

GMichael
01-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Now, GM did you bring any popcorn, or are you gonna hog it like you do the ladies?

I am willing to share both.

Groundbeef
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM
I am willing to share both.

I'd rather not. Remeber last time you tried that? You got confused and put lube on the popcorn, and buttered the ladies.

GMichael
01-24-2008, 11:37 AM
At least it worked for the ladies.

The popcorn just had a slight aftertaste.

L.J.
01-24-2008, 11:44 AM

:thumbsup:

Groundbeef
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
At least it worked for the ladies.

The popcorn just had a slight aftertaste.

Ugggh. Remind me to skip the "popcorn balls" at your next party.

GMichael
01-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Ugggh. Remind me to skip the "popcorn balls" at your next party.

Those were not made from corn. Closer to beef. You should like them.

JSE
01-24-2008, 02:05 PM
It's about time someone unlocked the Steel Cage again. Pretty tame so far though. '

Let's git-it on! Magots! :dita:

JSE

Groundbeef
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Those were not made from corn. Closer to beef. You should like them.

Tell you what. You stick to the balls-whatever you make them from. I'm going to concentrate on the coconuts, and cantaloupes.

GMichael
01-24-2008, 02:18 PM
The larger ones are from bulls that lost in the fight the night before.
The smaller ones? Well, the bulls don't always loose.

bobsticks
01-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I like JSE's Big John McCarthy impersonation. C'mon boys, somebody throw down, dammit...I paid good money to...nevermind.

kexodusc
01-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Pix only posts in the wee hours of the morn' so this flame war is likely to have the intensity of Kasparov vs. Topalov...

ForeverAutumn
01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
What the hell is going on around here. Did someone spike the water cooler. Here we are in the steel cage, they are fighting over trurntables, Melvin has been causing a stir and we have brand new members with zero post count private messaging to spam. I need a glass of wine. Carry on men.

LOL.

Who's Melvin?

Mr Peabody
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
FA, this is not a place for a lady.

GB, is making sense Rich. Pix is an inbred mental midget. No matter how much proof you show him he is wrong he does not change his mind and he can't show one shred of evidence to back his warped opinion and statements. I don't know what happened to PS but he was right when he tagged Pix a troll.

markw
01-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't know what happened to PS but he was right when he tagged Pix a troll.now that's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I think PS was shown the door when it turned out he was a reincarnation of a known plagerist and a serial troll who has posted here under several monikers over the past few years. ...but several members are familiar with his modus operandi (sp?) and syntax.

Then it's only a matter of time before he's shown the door ...again. he's easily identified.

markw
01-24-2008, 06:59 PM
LOL.

Who's Melvin?Melvin Walker is a "newbie" who comes to us after being cryogenically frozen since 1962. Even though he's only participated in only three threads, he's made quite an impression on all of us.

Here they are. Get some coffee before starting in here.

this is his first apperance where he makes a totally inane and rambling "proclimation" as to how far OP's speakers should be placed. It gets really good when people ask him how he arrived at this figure: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25434

He does like to talk about cars, shoes, watches and suits. bur complains when anyone else deviated from the subject of audio.

He throws in some intersting stuff, but it's all boiler-plate to avoid answering any questions as you will soon see. Also, it's all available on the internet if you know the right sources. some of us do.

In this, his second post, he really lets on that he's got no use for anything that happened since 1960 or so: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25460

In his third and, hopefully, final post, his true feelings come into the open. He lost hope in audio once it became available to the great unwashed. I think this is where he compares James Taylor to Nazis: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25660

By now, he's managed to insult almost everyone on the site in one way or another.

Is he gone? Who knows?

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-24-2008, 07:55 PM
LOL.

Who's Melvin?

FA, I am going to put this like my God-mother would.

Chile, you don't wanna know. That man swallowed the sixties and threw it up in 2008. Some chunks still whole!

Now if you really want to see pizza being thrown back and forth, the news section is the bomb!!!

Mr Peabody
01-24-2008, 08:09 PM
It's like grade school again, mention fight and EVERYONE comes. :)

"cryogenically frozen" LOL! accurate though.

01-24-2008, 08:14 PM
I personally think that pixel and nightliar are brothers. But that's just me.

Ajani
01-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Man, where's the action??? The closest we've come to fight in here was one of my comments... :( which is really kinda sad...

Now if you guys want a real fight... check out this thread over some Maggies/Amps...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25740

GMichael
01-25-2008, 06:35 AM
I knew sparks would fly the moment I saw that guy tell Flo that Krell is a mid-fi amp company.
Anyone who knows Flo could see the writing on that wall.

ForeverAutumn
01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
FA, I am going to put this like my God-mother would.

Chile, you don't wanna know. That man swallowed the sixties and threw it up in 2008. Some chunks still whole!

Now if you really want to see pizza being thrown back and forth, the news section is the bomb!!!

I tried to read the Melvin posts. He bored me.

ForeverAutumn
01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
now that's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I think PS was shown the door when it turned out he was a reincarnation of a known plagerist and a serial troll who has posted here under several monikers over the past few years. ...but several members are familiar with his modus operandi (sp?) and syntax.

Then it's only a matter of time before he's shown the door ...again. he's easily identified.

Really? P-Skies was a troll? I know that he had some strange opinions sometimes and he could be mildly offensive, but I didn't think that he was that bad.

Ajani
01-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Really? P-Skies was a troll? I know that he had some strange opinions sometimes and he could be mildly offensive, but I didn't think that he was that bad.

I don't think he was that bad either.... from what I remember, he was mainly just in love with PSB speakers and products that are great value for money.... Yeah he was a tad aggressive in his defense of his views but I could respect his opinions (I think)...

now that's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Was he a Troll because he used several monikers or because he made offensive posts? Is switching monikers wrong? I've done it 3 (sort of 4) times in the 8 years I've been on and off this site....

bobsticks
01-26-2008, 06:31 AM
I don't think he was that bad either.... from what I remember, he was mainly just in love with PSB speakers and products that are great value for money.... Yeah he was a tad aggressive in his defense of his views but I could respect his opinions (I think)...

Was he a Troll because he used several monikers or because he made offensive posts? Is switching monikers wrong? I've done it 3 (sort of 4) times in the 8 years I've been on and off this site....

Evidently, he did it three or four times in eight minutes, having conversations with himself and provoking others.

Ajani
01-26-2008, 06:57 AM
Evidently, he did it three or four times in eight minutes, having conversations with himself and provoking others.

Ok... that really sounds like trolling then.... Thanx for the info....

L.J.
01-26-2008, 07:14 AM
PSkies was never banned.....but he was suspended for a couple of days. We all knew what he was doing with his multiple screen names, but once it was confirmed.....he left on his own.

Mr Peabody
01-26-2008, 07:29 AM
How do some of you know about the events with PS and not others of us? I found this quite enlightening as I fell into the camp that thought he crossed the line some but not nearly as irritating as Pix. I don't mind Pix or anyone having opposing views but when you are plain wrong, and it's been proven beyond a doubt you are wrong yet you stick to your incorrect view, then you have a serious issue. That attitude voids the purpose of being here. I've been wrong on things before and admit I usually require proof before I will change my mind, after all I'm in the "Show Me" state, but when shown I'm wrong I change my view. I remember a couple years ago being in a debate on rear surround speakers, I followed what I saw in high end stores and had been told, that the rears should point at the listening position. This I believe is becoming more accepted. At the time though Dolby's website sure enough showed diagrams backing the other guys position that the rears should fire at one another, even in a DD set up, so I had no choice but to fall in line. It was humbling because the person was a lot younger than me. I played around with my owned speakers and I actually left them firing at each other because it did seem to be the best sound effect. I recently switched them back to pointing at my listening seat for a while. Any way, let's not digress.

Ajani
01-26-2008, 08:18 AM
How do some of you know about the events with PS and not others of us? I found this quite enlightening as I fell into the camp that thought he crossed the line some but not nearly as irritating as Pix. I don't mind Pix or anyone having opposing views but when you are plain wrong, and it's been proven beyond a doubt you are wrong yet you stick to your incorrect view, then you have a serious issue. That attitude voids the purpose of being here. I've been wrong on things before and admit I usually require proof before I will change my mind, after all I'm in the "Show Me" state, but when shown I'm wrong I change my view. I remember a couple years ago being in a debate on rear surround speakers, I followed what I saw in high end stores and had been told, that the rears should point at the listening position. This I believe is becoming more accepted. At the time though Dolby's website sure enough showed diagrams backing the other guys position that the rears should fire at one another, even in a DD set up, so I had no choice but to fall in line. It was humbling because the person was a lot younger than me. I played around with my owned speakers and I actually left them firing at each other because it did seem to be the best sound effect. I recently switched them back to pointing at my listening seat for a while. Any way, let's not digress.

First I'll admit that I haven't had any negative interaction with Pixel (that I can remember anyway).... but I'm not sure whether being irritating and obstinate is really that big of a deal... I don't think there is anyone more irritating and obstinate on this site than SpankingVanillaIce but most people just laugh off his comments and move on....

Now if the arguement is that Pixel is rude (which Spanky definitely is not) then I would argue that there are many rude posters on this site as well.... I haven't peeked into the cables forum in 8 years because of the type of flame wars that used to inhabit those threads... then the format wars (SACD v DVD-A were pretty heated) and now this Blu Ray HD-DVD stuff is pretty heated and seems to be where most of the fights with Pixel are coming from...

Rich-n-Texas
01-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Ajani, I have issues with pixelthis. Maybe you and others haven't been paying attention, but I'm sick a tired of being dogged by him, and I'm sick and tired of the constant insults he hurls at my employer. I didn't start this thread because I wanted anyone's opinion of him. Again, to everyone here who's filling this thread up with discussion, please start a new one.

audio amateur
01-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Man, where's the action??? The closest we've come to fight in here was one of my comments... :( which is really kinda sad...

Now if you guys want a real fight... check out this thread over some Maggies/Amps...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25740
I don't see how that thread is anymore of a fight than this one is

01-27-2008, 11:57 AM
First I'll admit that I haven't had any negative interaction with Pixel (that I can remember anyway).... but I'm not sure whether being irritating and obstinate is really that big of a deal... I don't think there is anyone more irritating and obstinate on this site than SpankingVanillaIce but most people just laugh off his comments and move on....

Maybe he didn't try to pass himself off as being overly serious. I didn't take him seriously, that is why it was easy to just laugh him off.

Now if the arguement is that Pixel is rude (which Spanky definitely is not) then I would argue that there are many rude posters on this site as well.... I haven't peeked into the cables forum in 8 years because of the type of flame wars that used to inhabit those threads... then the format wars (SACD v DVD-A were pretty heated) and now this Blu Ray HD-DVD stuff is pretty heated and seems to be where most of the fights with Pixel are coming from...

I have no problem with Pixel opinions. That is why we are here. Pixel however is so uniformed in so many areas, and has a mouth as big as all outdoors. That is not particularly helpful when people come here looking for accurate information. Every week my company get sales information from all over the world via NDP. It is the largest, most accurate compulation of CE statistic in the business. I see what sells, whats not, consumer buying habits weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly. I know which bluray and HD DVD players are selling, which are not. I know how much downloading(and VOD) of movies, who has the most business, and how its been doing since inception. I know which bluray and HD DVD disc titles are selling by the week, and week over week volume.

I have worked in the Hollywood film machine for all of my life. I have contacts in high places from every studio in hollywood because I went to USC film school where a good majority of them graduated. I know who is dealing, who is suffering, generally know who is on the ropes employement wise amoung the studio heads, I get loads of information that has proven accurate time and time again.

Armed with this, and seeing the points that Pixel brain argues over flatlining in graphs over three years, and seeing the points he argues against in a steady climb, I get irritated that a person WANTS to be this ignorant.

Florian
11-07-2008, 01:51 AM
You guys need to take a lesson on my rant of the week posts! ;-)

Feanor
11-07-2008, 04:29 AM

Mildly offensive if you're inclined to take offense. I find his insults amusing not because they're accurate, (rarely), but because they're surreal, (often). I just don't take what he says very seriously, although I'm able to acknowledge that occassionally he makes a valid point.

Then again I haven't really been the butt of Pix's attacks. Is this good luck or good planning? One or two people have attempted to insult me, (for example, Rich -- not that I haven't offered certain provocations), but I'm not inclided to persue potentially nasty exchanges. Perhaps that's because I am, at once, both humble and thick-skinned.

kexodusc
11-07-2008, 05:03 AM
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm in a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different frame of mind with pixie these days. It's like calluses have grown around my brain.

(Truthfully though, bringing up this thread is not cool.)

GMichael
11-07-2008, 06:41 AM
You guys need to take a lesson on my rant of the week posts! ;-)

When do classes begin? Will there be smoke breaks?

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 07:03 AM
God, I turn around for one second and you go at it like a coupla cats fighting over a litter box! What's wid all the fussin' an' fightin'??

GMichael
11-07-2008, 07:30 AM
God, I turn around for one second and you go at it like a coupla cats fighting over a litter box! What's wid all the fussin' an' fightin'??

Psst... Come down here buddy.

You may want to check the dates on some of the earlier posts.

Rich, maybe you'd want to close your thread. I don't know how to do it, but I've read that an OP can do that.

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 07:48 AM
I already tried. Can't close it now.

(Hope it doesn't soil my rep)

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Man, you have to let go of some o' this stuff! It's like a hair on a biscuit....*

*Not really the context to use the idiom; I just couldn't resist using it.

GMichael
11-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I like hair on my biscuits. Keeps me warm at night.

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks, GM.....It's just the image I was looking for! And just as soon as I was gettin' used to your eyeballs.....Talk about timing!

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
He meant biscus you knucklehead! :rolleyes:

(Two minutes too late.)

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Erm, uh....I don't get it! :cryin:

You big gorilla!

bobsticks
11-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I like pie.

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 12:37 PM
What pie? Why do I keep seeing people talking about pie??? I don't have any pie (Lord knows :rolleyes: )!

You were away for a while sticks, no?

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Somebody tell me two things: First, the expression, "I like pie". It reminds me of the movie "Revenge of the Nerds"....Is this a riposte to utter when words fail? Secondly, I would like to share one or two mp3 files with you, my Brethren of the Ether. How can I post such a file, or do I need to have it reformatted?

(Clapping hands, lighting incense and bowing as I back away from the shrine)

GMichael
With or without hair?

Rich-n-Texas
Erm, uh....I don't get it! :cryin:

You big gorilla!
Work with me boy! :mad2:

bobsticks
11-07-2008, 12:43 PM
What pie? Why do I keep seeing people talking about pie??? I don't have any pie (Lord knows :rolleyes: )!

You were away for a while sticks, no?

Ja. I had a high degree of existentialist angst...

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Quite flirtin' wid me, G Man....(I might be tempted).

Tex, I'm workin' wid you, but yer as cryptic as a spook, if ya get mag drift. (An quit bagin' yer head, boy. People are watchin').

An' you, Sticks: What's all the beef on angst? I like angst beef. It's like buffalo, only gamier. And not so fillin', if that really matters (and it doesn't)....

bobsticks
11-07-2008, 12:44 PM
With or without hair?

It's a point of negotiation...usually evolving...and rarely static...hehehe

bobsticks
11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Secondly, I would like to share one or two mp3 files with you, my Brethren of the Ether. How can I post such a file, or do I need to have it reformatted?

(Clapping hands, lighting incense and bowing as I back away from the shrine)

http://www.mediafire.com/

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm comfortable with the direction this thread has taken. Confused as all hell, but comfortable nevertheless. :crazy:

(Note: I've never tried it w/o hair.)

GMichael
11-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Quite flirtin' wid me, G Man....(I might be tempted).

Tex, I'm workin' wid you, but yer as cryptic as a spook, if ya get mag drift. (An quit bagin' yer head, boy. People are watchin').

An' you, Sticks: What's all the beef on angst? I like angst beef. It's like buffalo, only gamier. And not so fillin', if that really matters (and it doesn't)....

Please don't tease me. I'll get all worked up and have to take it out on my honey tonight.

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Well Mrs. Butterworth better keep herself capped up tight, GM, 'cause you is just plumb loco, today, duder!

Aw, Rich... I told you you'd hurt your head. Put some ice on it. (Not down there, you darn fool!)

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Ja. I had a high degree of existentialist angst...

Dread, sometimes called angst, anxiety or even anguish is a term that is common to many existentialist thinkers. Although its concrete properties may vary slightly, it is generally held to be the experience of our freedom and responsibility. The archetypal example is the example of the experience one has when standing on a cliff where one not only fears falling off it, but also dreads the possibility of throwing oneself off. In this experience that "nothing is holding me back," one senses the lack of anything that predetermines you to either throw yourself off or to stand still, and one experiences one's own freedom.
I don't know why you would feel this way. Maybe this explanation fits better...

It is also claimed, most famously by Sartre, that dread is the fear of nothing (no thing). This relates both to the inherent insecurity about the consequences of one's actions (related to the absurdity of the world), and to the fact that, in experiencing one's freedom, one also realises that one will be fully responsible for these consequences; there is no thing in you (your genes, for instance) that acts and that you can "blame" if something goes wrong.

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Well Mrs. Butterworth better keep herself capped up tight, GM, 'cause you is just plumb loco, today, duder!

Aw, Rich... I told you you'd hurt your head. Put some ice on it. (Not down there, you darn fool!)
How 'bout I put some beer in it instead? :yesnod:

(Note: I don't need to put it down there. I take a cold shower every morning.)

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Don't you even look at those straws, ya crazy cowboy!

Angst....I like "fear and loathin'" better...

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 01:17 PM
I won't get the head if I use a straw! Sheesh!

GMichael
11-07-2008, 01:18 PM

I'll think of you tonight.:ihih:

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 01:20 PM
That's it!!! You girly boys have put me off my calendar!! An' that was a good bag of herbage, too!! Durn!!

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 01:23 PM
"Herbage"? ( :ihih: )

GMichael
11-07-2008, 01:30 PM
That's it!!! You girly boys have put me off my calendar!! An' that was a good bag of herbage, too!! Durn!!

Herbage"?
I'm sorry buddy. I'll be good. Come back.

Does this help?

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Where'd I put that...er...calen....um....um...ca....aw, shoot!

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Eva in The Garden of Eden. So young, so sweet.

:cryin:

Mr Peabody
11-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Wow, was this a busy thread today. Guess not much work got done :)

AW!! EVERY ONE SHOVE IT!!!

Rich-n-Texas
11-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Mr. P. ...SIR!

NO! SIR!!! :biggrin5:

Mr Peabody
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Damn insubordination

Auricauricle
11-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Thank you, sir! May I have another!!

Mr Peabody
11-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Thank you, sir! May I have another!!

Now, that's what I'm talking about, some discipline, some respect. Some these other jokers may find themselves doing some extra marching.

Auricauricle
11-08-2008, 03:52 PM
This is a test.....Tell me if this works (thanks, 'Sticks!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6d4b02804236fb96ab1eab3e9fa335ca11554c8d 1e83f62c

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6d4b02804236fb96ab1eab3e9fa335ca05a03a24 8f8a4dc9

BTW, Mr. P: Watch the baton, Pappy!

Mr Peabody
11-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I tried to post a picture last night and couldn't get the link to come off the clipboard. Anybody know why?

It's not AR. The stupid file will open and I believe it goes to the clipboard but won't come off. I tried to post it in an email or document. Maybe something is wrong with the file.

Auricauricle
11-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Are you sure that you still have it on the clipboard?

Mr Peabody
11-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't think it's going to clipboard for some reason. I'm going to have to play around with it some more.

GMichael
11-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Now, that's what I'm talking about, some discipline, some respect. Some these other jokers may find themselves doing some extra marching.

Sir! Class clown present and accounted for, Sir!

Oh yeah. Bite me....

Auricauricle
11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Yer a shameless kissass, Bugeyes!

Yer makin' me hot wid dem beady things, ya know....

GMichael
11-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Yer a shameless kissass, Bugeyes!

Yer makin' me hot wid dem beady things, ya know....

You should see them on a cold day. Or when they're all wet.

Mr Peabody
11-11-2008, 07:57 AM
You should see them on a cold day. Or when they're all wet.

Are they hairy?

Auricauricle
11-11-2008, 08:27 AM
You need to pluck yer eyes??? Whatta guy!!!

GMichael
11-11-2008, 08:40 AM
One word, Nare.

Auricauricle
11-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Only one?? Whahappen to the other one...or dare I ask, Oh Best Beloved Green and Bugeyed One?