01-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Does that answer your question Ajani? :cornut:

Ajani
01-24-2008, 05:41 AM
LOL.... Yeah it pretty much does....

Luvin Da Blues
01-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Does that answer your question Ajani? :cornut:

C'mon Rich, Mel's not killing it. As a matter of fact he's the only one here preserving it.

Everyone knows that the only true Hi-End audio equipment was made during the week of March 12 to the 19th, 1951. Mel's the only one around here that knows about dis stuff.

Feanor
01-24-2008, 06:09 AM
melvin walker is really killing high end audio

Melvin has a certain perspective on audio, music, cars, etc. It might seem archaic to most of us. But while we don't have to agree with him, we also don't have to try to drag him kicking & screaming into the 21st century against his will.

Melvin won't kill high end if we can hear him without letting it bother us.

GMichael
01-24-2008, 06:21 AM
I get the feeling that Melvin is some old guy in a mental home. He's got no money, no friends, no family and a touch of dementia.

Groundbeef
01-24-2008, 06:31 AM
I get the feeling that Melvin is some old guy in a mental home. He's got no money, no friends, no family and a touch of dementia.

Even with all the baloney the guy puts up, I think that may be a bit harsh. I think he's sort of an Elder Sir T. He like what he likes, and that's that.

He does seem to have a grasp of the popular music, and equipment of his time, and thats what he wants to hold on to.

If he were a little more flexible with his dogma, and actually listen to others on the board, he might get a little more out of the experience.

GMichael
01-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Even with all the baloney the guy puts up, I think that may be a bit harsh. I think he's sort of an Elder Sir T. He like what he likes, and that's that.

He does seem to have a grasp of the popular music, and equipment of his time, and thats what he wants to hold on to.

If he were a little more flexible with his dogma, and actually listen to others on the board, he might get a little more out of the experience.

I don't mean it to be harsh. It's just the feeling I get from the way he acts. He talks like he's from a well to do family with lots of breeding, but then he can't spell the word "or" correctly. Even after being corrected he still spells it as "are".He wants people to stick to audio but rambles on about cars watches and clothing on a regular basis, then gets upset when people respond to his statements. "Stick to audio." He talks down to people and then wants them to not do the same. He asks for examples and then ignores them once presented. He knows bits and pieces of things but can't put them together to form the whole picture. All speakers should be 12 feet apart no matter what? His elevator is not making it to the top floor.
I'll try to be nice to him. But I can't make any promises.

SlumpBuster
01-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Melvin hasn't bought any new hi-fi equipment in 50 years, he's not making or breaking anything. It reminds me of something else I find obnoxious.

I live in the suburbs of Detroit. Most people here are very dependant on the car industry. Accordingly, you see lots of bumper stickers with slogans that work on the Buy American theme, like "Out of a job yet? Keep buying foriegn." But often those stickers are on 20 year old pieces of sh!t. I buy a new GM every year (two cars on two year intervals - hence a new car every year) so I do my part. But, if you only buy a new car every twenty years, you're not really going to make or break GM or save anyone their job. Dummy with a bumper sticker.

Sorry for the digression.

Rich-n-Texas
01-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Anyone who puts David Gilmore, Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Nick Mason in the same category as the Nazis's deserves absolutely NO respect. Period.

Now, excuse me while I go set up a steel cage match with Pixel d!ck.

Groundbeef
01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Melvin hasn't bought any new hi-fi equipment in 50 years, he's not making or breaking anything. It reminds me of something else I find obnoxious.

I live in the suburbs of Detroit. Most people here are very dependant on the car industry. Accordingly, you see lots of bumper stickers with slogans that work on the Buy American theme, like "Out of a job yet? Keep buying foriegn." But often those stickers are on 20 year old pieces of sh!t. I buy a new GM every year (two cars on two year intervals - hence a new car every year) so I do my part. But, if you only buy a new car every twenty years, you're not really going to make or break GM or save anyone their job. Dummy with a bumper sticker.

If you want to buy American, you ought to consider either a Toyota, or Honda. Due to import restrictions, more of those cars (either a % of the car, or the entire auto) are built here in the good ole' USA.

Buy a Ford, or GM, chances are the car is built in Canada, or Mexico. Ironic isn't it?

Groundbeef
01-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Anyone who puts David Gilmore, Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Nick Mason in the same category as the Nazis's deserves absolutely NO respect. Period.

Now, excuse me while I go set up a steel cage match with Pixel d!ck.

Hey don't forget James Taylor!

Also, on a side note, ever notice how Pixel, and Melvin format their responses? Similar format.

Single Paragraph format for 3-8 lines.

Little breakup between topics? Freqent grammer/spelling errors?

Maybe a case of Dr. Jeckel/Mr. Idiot?

GMichael
01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey don't forget James Taylor!

Also, on a side note, ever notice how Pixel, and Melvin format their responses? Similar format.

Single Paragraph format for 3-8 lines.

Little breakup between topics? Freqent grammer/spelling errors?

Maybe a case of Dr. Jeckel/Mr. Idiot?

Pompus a$$ by day. Rent-O-cop by night?

E-Stat
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Yep. It's more work to quote either because I have to remove the extra carriage returns. Maybe one day they'll embrace the concept of word wrap. Then again, maybe not. :)

rw

melvin walker
01-25-2008, 06:47 AM
I don't mean it to be harsh. It's just the feeling I get from the way he acts. He talks like he's from a well to do family with lots of breeding, but then he can't spell the word "or" correctly. Even after being corrected he still spells it as "are".He wants people to stick to audio but rambles on about cars watches and clothing on a regular basis, then gets upset when people respond to his statements. "Stick to audio." He talks down to people and then wants them to not do the same. He asks for examples and then ignores them once presented. He knows bits and pieces of things but can't put them together to form the whole picture. All speakers should be 12 feet apart no matter what? His elevator is not making it to the top floor.
I'll try to be nice to him. But I can't make any promises.

Now I will stoop down and attack you. Your are either a psychologist are a fool ?
I am sure you have better things to do than analyze me !

Groundbeef
01-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Now I will stoop down and attack you. Your are either a psychologist are a fool ?

Don't hurt your back when you get up from stooping old man. And those lines may work at the ole' home, but in here you need to be a bit quicker. Work on your combacks, then try again.

GMichael
01-25-2008, 07:23 AM

OH No! I've been stooped down on. Whoops. I forgot the mean faces. Just pretend they are here.

"psychologist are a fool" Should be "psychologist or a fool" This isn't rocket science you know. Or maybe you just had a random thought and it should be "psychologists are fools"

I'm a little of both. Thanks for noticing.

Actually analyzing you has been a bit of fun. Go ahead, say some more strange things.

I'm sorry Mel. Just having a bit of fun at your expense. But you really do say some foolish things. I can't help poking fun at you.

I'll try to be nice.

Rich-n-Texas
01-25-2008, 07:28 AM
I thought he meant "You are either a psychologist and a fool..." then forgot to finish the sentence. I'm easily confused though.

GMichael
01-25-2008, 07:31 AM
That may be closer to the truth.

Mel,

I'm sorry about picking on you. I feel bad. I just joke around a lot. That's what I do.
Please don't be offended.

melvin walker
01-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Melvin has a certain perspective on audio, music, cars, etc. It might seem archaic to most of us. But while we don't have to agree with him, we also don't have to try to drag him kicking & screaming into the 21st century against his will.

Melvin won't kill high end if we can hear him without letting it bother us.

I have tried discussing the pros and cons of audio equipment. I have tried to compare the differences between audio today and yesteryear. I have given my opinion and made comparative examples.

I have posted many times that there has been an improvement in audio . I have also stated
that cost is a major reason that the audiophile is disappearing. The audiophile's disappearance is due in part to inflation and rising interest in video.

The discussion was a comparison , it was not about me. Everyone has his are hers perspective as to what high end is . I have posted many times we can agree to disagree.
Name calling , personal attacks and loose language has resulted.
It appears that some not all of you appear to be unable to have a discussion when there is disagreement.
It is very sad .

melvin walker
01-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Don't hurt your back when you get up from stooping old man. And those lines may work at the ole' home, but in here you need to be a bit quicker. Work on your combacks, then try again.
How old is your mother ?

Rich-n-Texas
01-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Beefy I think he's trying to hit on your mother.

melvin walker
01-25-2008, 08:01 AM

They were not manufacturing DVD recorders and CD recorders 50 years ago ! Stop buying Chinese and the banking system in America will collapse. China sends a billion dollars a day to American , supporting the American deficit.
for your information my wife and I drive a 1996 BMW 850csi , 2003 BMW 545i and a 1999
BMW 540i.

Buy Toyota , BMW , Honda , etc built mostly in the in the south. Michigan is dying because of the high labor cost ! I might also add that Detroit has a high school drop-out rate of 75% ! Do your part buy a Honda and support American workers in the south. The UAW has killed the American auto worker and helped the foreign auto companies with unrealistic salary and benefit demands.

E-Stat
01-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Do your part buy a Honda and support American workers in the south.
The truth isn't difficult to find if you are really interested. While there is a plant in Alabama, 70% of Honda's automotive production is in Ohio (they also build over a hundred thousand motorcycles there annually). When the Indiana plant gets online, your perception will hold even less water. Click here for the REAL STORY (http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1097/releases/4391).

The UAW has killed the American auto worker and helped the foreign auto companies...
Has the sky fallen? I'm actually going to agree with you in part here. While management has done their very best to tank the company by designing the wrong vehicles, the UAW has certainly done their part as well. Clearly, the most incredible act of stupidity is the "Jobs Bank" program at an annual cost of $200M. Just read the first sentence of this report: Pay them to do nothing. (http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/pollack070306.html)

The good news is that with vehicles like the new Malibu and CTS, GM is finally beginning to get it.

rw

Groundbeef
01-25-2008, 10:22 AM
How old is your mother ?

Melvin, I'm sitting here in total shock. Someone that professes to come from a different era, and not interested in petty insults, and now THIS??? Are you seriously propositioning a married woman?

Have you lost your mind? Or is this how a "gentleman" of your era acts? You must be copying the loose morals, and trashy behavior of your mentor, Frank "Known Philanderer" Sinatra.

Next I suppose you want her phone # and address so you can send some "love"? Not likely. Why I bet you even pinch the butts of the nurses at the home you dirty old man.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-25-2008, 10:42 AM

Elder Sir T??? BEEF!!!!....(chasing GB all over the room with mini louisville slugger....)

Groundbeef
01-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Elder Sir T??? BEEF!!!!....(chasing GB all over the room with mini louisville slugger....)

As I peek into the room, and hear the roar of a large man dressed like Bamm-Bamm, I turn to run. I only have time to utter these words:

"Where the hell have you been...this thread has been so much fun....."

Rich-n-Texas
01-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Melvin, I'm sitting here in total shock. Someone that professes to come from a different era, and not interested in petty insults, and now THIS??? Are you seriously propositioning a married woman?

Have you lost your mind? Or is this how a "gentleman" of your era acts? You must be copying the loose morals, and trashy behavior of your mentor, Frank "Known Philanderer" Sinatra.

Next I suppose you want her phone # and address so you can send some "love"? Not likely. Why I bet you even pinch the butts of the nurses at the home you dirty old man.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ho ho!!!

Oh I'm DYING over here!!!

Oh! Geeez! My Depends just gave way! :o

Excuse me.

markw
01-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Elder Sir T??? BEEF!!!!....(chasing GB all over the room with mini louisville slugger....)When the elder Sir T catches the youthful Groundbeef, he'll have to change "Groundbeef" to "Steak Tartare" :)

Groundbeef
01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
When the elder Sir T catches the youthful Groundbeef, he'll have to change "Groundbeef" to "Steak Tartare" :)

I'm sure your right. The optimal word being "When". The motivation to run when a hairy man only clad in a leopard print loincloth chasing you is quite high.

Oh crap, now he's throwing BR discs at me like throwing stars. Damn, they hurt. Must be that extra layer of copy protection!

markw
01-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Buy Toyota , BMW , Honda , etc built mostly in the in the south. Michigan is dying because of the high labor cost ! I might also add that Detroit has a high school drop-out rate of 75% ! Do your part buy a Honda and support American workers in the south.And, what's t he high school drop ourt rate got to do with anything? A bit of schadenfreude on your part?

The UAW has killed the American auto worker and helped the foreign auto companies with unrealistic salary and benefit demands.Hey, maybe they wanted to be real audiophiles and needed the money.

Unions did have their needed part to play in this country's history but, I do agree they got greedy.

Of course, your response here surely added gasoline to the fire.

...for your information my wife and I drive a 1996 BMW 850csi , 2003 BMW 545i and a 1999 BMW 540i. Well,that certainly kept some jobs in America, didn't it?

Didja ever wonder about BMW's history and what part it played in the Nazi regime? Didja ever wonder why they grew so much after the war that they were able to expand globally?

Maybe this'll help clarify that a little: http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2814154,00.html

Sieg Heil!

Groundbeef
01-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Didja ever wonder about BMW's history and what part it played in the Nazi regime? Didja ever wonder why they grew so much after the war that they were able to expand globally?

Maybe this'll help clarify that a little: http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2814154,00.html

Any chance they piped James Taylor in over the loudspeakers during lunch break?

SlumpBuster
01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
BMW makes cars for men? Hey Mel, call me back when you discover Audi... that's where the real men play... oh yeah... btw ... those are some real nice used cars you got there. What are they... 13 years old now? I'm sure the cracks in the leather are hardly noticable.

Yes, Mel, you just got pwned and hat lingering taste in your mouth is my bag.

melvin walker
01-26-2008, 05:07 AM
[QUOTE=SlumpBuster]BMW makes cars for men? Hey Mel, call me back when you discover Audi... that's where the real men play... oh yeah... btw ... those are some real nice used cars you got there. What are they... 13 years old now? I'm sure the cracks in the leather are hardly noticable.

Yes, Mel, you just got pwned and hat lingering taste in your mouth is my bag.[/QUOTE

My wife owned an Audi 5000 , an excellent car
Picked the Audi up in Amsterdam. Drove it in Europe , Than from Buffalo to St.Louis.
Audi's are excellent cars , The Audi 8 appears to be an excellent car.

My wife prefers BMW's especially the 5 series. , I purchased my 850 because I was looking for a 12 cylinder coupe and my choices at the time was Mercedes are BWW. Ferrari and Aston Martin was out of my price range.
Get yourself another calculator, 2003 and 1999 is not 13 years ago. The last year 850's sold in America was 1998. All production ended in 1999. The series lifespan was from 1989 thur 1999. In America 1991 -1998
The 850csi that I drive was only sold in America for three years 1993 Thur 1996
Only 1500 was sold worldwide of those built only about 400 was sold in America.
BMW because of cost built an BMW 840 , Same car 8 cylinders, about $20,000 cheaper.
The recession of the 90's killed off the big German coupes.

If one takes care of one's cars the leather will not crack.

melvin walker
01-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Any chance they piped James Taylor in over the loudspeakers during lunch break?

The world was at war , German , Japanese and Italian companies assisted in the war effort in their countries . American and British companies did the same.

bobsticks
01-26-2008, 05:18 AM
... I might also add that Detroit has a high school drop-out rate of 75% ! .

This is simply not true, and if you go to Farmington or Bloomfield or Grosse Pointe and say it you'll be strung up by soccer moms.

melvin walker
01-26-2008, 05:34 AM
And, what's t he high school drop ourt rate got to do with anything? A bit of schadenfreude on your part?

Hey, maybe they wanted to be real audiophiles and needed the money.

Unions did have their needed part to play in this country's history but, I do agree they got greedy.

Of course, your response here surely added gasoline to the fire.

Well,that certainly kept some jobs in America, didn't it?

Sieg Heil!

Sir we live in a global economy. The drop out rate in Detroit and other large cities only makes a bad situation worst. In St.Louis the rate is 50%. Where are these young people going to find jobs ? A college education does not guarantee a job.
Many of the manufacturing jobs are moving off shore , not just in Michigan. New car production is moving south, lower wages and less state interference.

If you will look in a recent Stereo Review Directory , there are very few American companies manufacturing audio equipment. When last I checked there was no television ,
DVD's , VCR 's manufactured in the United States.

The manufacturing sector in both Japan and Germany was revived after the war because it served both the German , Japanese and Allied interest.

markw
01-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Sir we live in a global economy. The drop out rate in Detroit and other large cities only makes a bad situation worst. In St.Louis the rate is 50%. Where are these young people going to find jobs ? A college education does not guarantee a job.And what do you suggest? This has been happening since the sixties, and even before to some extent, when your generation was in charge of the economy and manufacturing in this country. Back in "the day", someone who graduated high school, had common sense and was willing to work for a living could make a living wage in the manufacturing segment without a college education.

But, since your generation discovered the wonders of manufacuring offshore, it was only a matter of time before this labor pool was obsoleted. And, I have to laugh when I hear professionals complain about what plumbers, elecricitians. construction workers, and other tradespeople charge.

You got yours so why worry about others? ...or you bragging about it?

Many of the manufacturing jobs are moving off shore , not just in Michigan. New car production is moving south, lower wages and less state interference.

If you will look in a recent Stereo Review Directory , there are very few American companies manufacturing audio equipment. When last I checked there was no television ,
DVD's , VCR 's manufactured in the United States.Again you have but your own generation to thank for this. Fisher, Marantz et al sold to offshore concerns in the mid sixties. Who was running the show then? Now, your heroes wouldn't have sold out their own country for a few bucks, would they?

When I was looking for a receiver (yes, I've got no class or room) in '67 "are" '68, I was comparing a Sansui, I think it was the A-400 or 800 or so, and a Fisher 200 and a 220, which were comparable in price and performance. The Fishers were made here. The Sanaui, in Japan.

This shows that the American manufacturers could compete in a global market if they chose to but, for whatever reason, Avery and the rest sold to the Japanese and whoeverelse they could. I guess good ol' Avery and his buds wanted to make a few more bucks before getting out of the business. so much for the American workers who hetretofor were responsible for making the quality gear, whose passing you so bemoan.

The manufacturing sector in both Japan and Germany was revived after the war because it served both the German , Japanese and Allied interest.What's that got to do with BMW getting a leg up by using slave labor during the war? You don't think they came out of the war a lot more financially ahead than when they entered it?

Also, unless you forgot, we, the victors, dumped a lot of dollars into rebuilding those countries. We GAVE Japan more modern steel manufacturing equipment than our own factories had. Years later that came back to bite us in the can (pun intended) when they started dumping steel over here.

Again, thanks to the decisions of your generation.

so, enjoy your German cars that reek with the smell of slave labor, Italian shoes and imported watches. I guess it's the responsibility of your "class" to support the world and laugh at the problems you created in your own country. ...and try to blame others for them.

But, you got yours so nothing else matters, does it?

melvin walker
01-27-2008, 11:42 AM
And what do you suggest? This has been happening since the sixties, and even before to some extent, when your generation was in charge of the economy and manufacturing in this country. Back in "the day", someone who graduated high school, had common sense and was willing to work for a living could make a living wage in the manufacturing segment without a college education.

But, since your generation discovered the wonders of manufacuring offshore, it was only a matter of time before this labor pool was obsoleted. And, I have to laugh when I hear professionals complain about what plumbers, elecricitians. construction workers, and other tradespeople charge.

You got yours so why worry about others? ...or you bragging about it?

Again you have but your own generation to thank for this. Fisher, Marantz et al sold to offshore concerns in the mid sixties. Who was running the show then? Now, your heroes wouldn't have sold out their own country for a few bucks, would they?

When I was looking for a receiver (yes, I've got no class or room) in '67 "are" '68, I was comparing a Sansui, I think it was the A-400 or 800 or so, and a Fisher 200 and a 220, which were comparable in price and performance. The Fishers were made here. The Sanaui, in Japan.

This shows that the American manufacturers could compete in a global market if they chose to but, for whatever reason, Avery and the rest sold to the Japanese and whoeverelse they could. I guess good ol' Avery and his buds wanted to make a few more bucks before getting out of the business. so much for the American workers who hetretofor were responsible for making the quality gear, whose passing you so bemoan.

What's that got to do with BMW getting a leg up by using slave labor during the war? You don't think they came out of the war a lot more financially ahead than when they entered it?

Also, unless you forgot, we, the victors, dumped a lot of dollars into rebuilding those countries. We GAVE Japan more modern steel manufacturing equipment than our own factories had. Years later that came back to bite us in the can (pun intended) when they started dumping steel over here.

Again, thanks to the decisions of your generation.

so, enjoy your German cars that reek with the smell of slave labor, Italian shoes and imported watches. I guess it's the responsibility of your "class" to support the world and laugh at the problems you created in your own country. ...and try to blame others for them.

But, you got yours so nothing else matters, does it?
America came out of world War Two the richest and militarily the most powerful country in the world. It was in American interest to help the defeated countries after the war. Who were we going to sell our goods to ? There was also the Cold War, American protected it's interest by not allowing the advance of socialism in western Europe and Japan.
It was not my generation that made those decisions , such as the "Marshall Plan" , but those before my generation.

BMW almost went bankrupt after the war , most German companies lost everything.
As for as slave labor , the Nazi's did use slave labor , but as an American we cannot point our fingers at others when it comes to slave labor , after all we had slave labor in this country for over 200 years ! The Nazi's only four.

Labor cost is a problem in America , Both Japan and Germany has national health , therefor the German and Japanese companies need not pay for health. Both countries also have excellent retirement benefits paid for by the federal government , American companies are forced to pay both health and retirement benefits increasing the cost of doing business. You want what the Japanese and Germans have?, contact your elected officials.

Whatever I have I worked for it. In this country one has the opportunity to do better if one chooses. Regardless of race , religion , gender or ethnic background.
My generation provided one of the highest standards of living in the world for your generation. Now it is up to your generation to take advantage of that opportunity.
Many are doing just that.

melvin walker
01-27-2008, 11:47 AM

I have no interest in him or his mother. He appeared to have a problem with age so I asked his mother's age.

markw
01-27-2008, 12:08 PM
America came out of world War Two the richest and militarily the most powerful country in the world. It was in American interest to help the defeated countries after the war. Who were we going to sell our goods to ? There was also the Cold War, American protected it's interest by not allowing the advance of socialism in western Europe and Japan.So, you think we did the wrong thing by preventing socialism? It's too bad tthe government of your generation didn't make it economically feasible for the American manufacturer's to upgrade their equipment to more modern standards. I wprked ijn a steel mill in the late 70's that was still using equipment made in the 20's. JaApan got ther newest stuff.

It was not my generation that made those decisions , such as the "Marshall Plan" , but those before my generation.Funny, it's convenient "your generation" was blameless here. Now all the blame for all this countries's ills falls to either preceding or subsequent generations. Convenient,; isn't it?

BMW almost went bankrupt after the war , most German companies lost everything. They deserved to for depending on slave labor and supporting a genocidal dictator.

As for as slave labor , the Nazi's did use slave labor , but as an American we cannot point our fingers at others when it comes to slave labor , after all we had slave labor in this country for over 200 years ! The Nazi's only four.Big difference. First, while slavery is wrong on all counts, we didn't use captured prisoners of war and intentionally work them to death, like they did at the BMW plant. Second, we did away with it over one hundred years prior.

Finally, we put a stop to slavery on our own. Remember the Civil war? Unless we beat the Germans it would have continued.

Labor cost is a problem in America , Both Japan and Germany has national health , therefor the German and Japanese companies need not pay for health. Both countries also have excellent retirement benefits paid for by the federal government , American companies are forced to pay both health and retirement benefits increasing the cost of doing business. You want what the Japanese and Germans have?, contact your elected officials.You really have led a priveliged life, haven't you?
Those elected officials are not from my working class. They are from your aristocratic classes and have no desire to better the position of the working man. And, their health care doesn't cost them a penny. It's all paid for for by guess who? As for retirement, isn't it your generation that raided all these pension funds several years ago? And, it's hard to put away for the future when you have the needs of today to take care of first, but you've never been a position to appreciate that.

Like I've said before, you've got yours. Why should you care about who got stepped on for that. I still say you're bragging.

Whatever I have I worked for it. In this country one has the opportunity to do better if one chooses. Regardless of race , religion , gender or ethnic background. My generation provided one of the highest standards of living in the world for your generation. Now it is up to your generation to take advantage of that opportunity.
Many are doing just that.Take advantage of what opportunity? You've sent all the jobs overseas. You yourself said in a previous post that even with a college education people can't find work!

That grandiose sounding "race , religion , gender or ethnic background" malarkey you spew pales in comparison to that class segregation that seems to permeate your posts. Oh, yeah, everyone has the same opportunity as the Kennedys, Kerrys, and the like. You really ythink someone graduating from a community and state college has the same chances as someone who graduated from an Ivy League college? Are you really that niave, of that ignorant as to the realities of life?

Thanks for providing all this opportunity for the common man to not be able to find jobs that pay living wages..

Feanor
01-27-2008, 12:55 PM
So, you think we did the wrong thing by preventing socialism? It's too bad tthe government of your generation didn't make it economically feasible for the American manufacturer's to upgrade their equipment to more modern standards. I wprked ijn a steel mill in the late 70's that was still using equipment made in the 20's. JaApan got ther newest stuff.

Take advantage of what opportunity? You've sent all the jobs overseas. You yourself said in a previous post that even with a college education people can't find work!

That grandiose sounding "race , religion , gender or ethnic background" malarkey you spew pales in comparison to that class segregation that seems to permeate your posts. Oh, yeah, everyone has the same opportunity as the Kennedys, Kerrys, and the like. You really ythink someone graduating from a community and state college has the same chances as someone who graduated from an Ivy League college? Are you really that niave, of that ignorant as to the realities of life?

Thanks for providing all this opportunity for the common man to not be able to find jobs that pay living wages..

Dang! If there's one thing I hate, it's Republicans, and I'm not even an American.