Sirius Customer Service rocks! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Customer Service rocks!

topspeed
01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
A couple of weeks ago, some doughnuts broke the window of the wife's SUV and tore the Sirius receiver off the dash. These are the same receivers you can pretty much get for free after signing a contract with Sirius. The morons were in such a rush they stripped the antenna wire and left the plug in the jack. Cops said it was probably kids that thought it was a portable nav.

Anywho, I call Sirius to cancel service and make sure that receiver was as valuable as a doorstop. When I told the rep the reason, they told me they would ship a brand new unit and car kit out to me immediately...for free! Cool! I then mentioned that I'm getting a couple of new cars and don't know if they will have Sirius or XM (these two really need to merge!) and she told me she understood and that the cars I'm looking at come with free service for a year. If it's a Sirius equipped car, they will either credit me one additional year or deduct one year's cost from my 2 year contract. If it's XM, they will cancel my contract and prorate the difference.

That, my friends, is customer service! Nice for a change, huh?

Mr Peabody
01-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Glad things worked out. If they merged then my guess would be no more good customer service.

diggity
01-24-2008, 01:40 AM
dumb question but who or what is "sirius"?

i don't think we have that down under

cheers: dazza

topspeed
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Sirius is a satellite music provider, as is XM. Lots of music, very few commercials. Once you've tried it, it's very difficult to stomache the commercials of regular radio.

http://www.sirius.com/

evan1
01-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah they were good, I lost my job last month and went to cancel to eliminate xtra expenses and they gave me free service until june

johnny p
01-25-2008, 05:41 AM
I heard nothing but bad things about their customer service, although I've never had to call them myself...... I have the Stiletto 100, and LOVE IT...... I just quickly un-screw the car dock, and remove it from the gas-hog SUV I drive (12-14 MPG is nice eh?) and I can toss it in the wife's car, with the spare $5 antenna, and we've got it for road trips.... She doesn't care enough about it to have it in her car all the time, (not that I'd let her) so we can use it in both vehicles for all of our intents and purposes, and I only have to pay one subscription fee!!!!! (Lifetime baby!!!)

PDN
01-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes I agree that their Customer Service is great. They tried helping me this past week trouble shoot my system in the car and even sent me a new part at n/c that they thought would fix it. Good try but my receiver went. So today I had to replace the entire Sirius Satellite Radio system in my vehicle after having it 3-1/2 years. The receiver became faulty and unreliable (Sportster SP-R1). Took 20 mins to find a signal, audio would cut out, stations skipped around, lighted display went, etc. Of course an exact replacement isn't available to fit in the cradle so the entire system had to be replaced costing me $300.00+. I'm not complaining but I just didn't expect it to crap out after 3-1/2 years of good service. Not Sirius' fault but that of the manufacturer. But I suppose after being exposed to all 4 seasons (extreme hot, extreme humidity, extreme cold, etc), the life expectancy can't be that long. The new system is working great so far with a color display on the receiver. Anyone else out there have a similar experience?

johnny p
01-26-2008, 06:47 AM
No a similar experience, but I have had issues with mine because it's in an open-air jeep that I off-road in, and my stereo has gotten wet on numerous occassions!!!

topspeed
01-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Yes I agree that their Customer Service is great. They tried helping me this past week trouble shoot my system in the car and even sent me a new part at n/c that they thought would fix it. Good try but my receiver went. So today I had to replace the entire Sirius Satellite Radio system in my vehicle after having it 3-1/2 years. The receiver became faulty and unreliable (Sportster SP-R1). Took 20 mins to find a signal, audio would cut out, stations skipped around, lighted display went, etc. Of course an exact replacement isn't available to fit in the cradle so the entire system had to be replaced costing me $300.00+. I'm not complaining but I just didn't expect it to crap out after 3-1/2 years of good service. Not Sirius' fault but that of the manufacturer. But I suppose after being exposed to all 4 seasons (extreme hot, extreme humidity, extreme cold, etc), the life expectancy can't be that long. The new system is working great so far with a color display on the receiver. Anyone else out there have a similar experience?
Next time, tell them it was stolen. :lol:

j/k. We had the Sportster as well, sitting up on the dash in 118 degree summers (and Lord knows how hot inside the car!) and 25 degree winters and never had any problems with it. Sounds like yours was a bad apple. Sorry to hear about that.