Attention Members! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Attention Members!

JohnMichael
01-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Please report to E-Stat or me if you are receiving Private Messages containing spam or other unsolicited offers. We try to keep AR spam free but spammers are always trying to find a way into the boards. They could now be private messaging individuals directly instead of creating a thread. Thanks.

Please forward to me the private message you receive and I will take care of the individual responsible.

I also want to thank the member who pointed out all the private messaging. I appreciate members involvement in keeping AR a good site.

basite
01-22-2008, 10:00 AM
but, how come? some new kind of a spambot or so?

oh, over at AudioKarma, they have a 'safe' way of registering, with a safety code and such (where you have to type the numbers and letters you see in the picture), and a confirmation mail from the admin/mod.
there are no spammers on AK...

maybe we could set up a system like that here on AR too, should make life easier for most of us members, and it would give a more positive look to lurkers...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Rich-n-Texas
01-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah but Bert, we have no admin, and I assume he/she is the only person who could set that up. It sure would be a step into the 21st century for the AR forum, a victim of marketing type greed.

coastrat
01-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Wait, you mean Jeanette isn't really interested in what's up with me? :(

Scott W
01-23-2008, 02:35 AM
Got the same private message myself,Could be innocent enough,but I thought it was a little odd that a non posting member would just contact me outta the blue

diggity
01-23-2008, 02:44 AM

damn it and i thought it was my natural aussie charm that brought her to me. and now i find out she's messaging others!:sad:

filecat13
01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
damn it and i thought it was my natural aussie charm that brought her to me. and now i find out she's messaging others!:sad:

As long as she's only messaging and not massaging...
:devil:

GMichael
01-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Should I feel hurt that she hasn't PM'd me? What's wrong with me? Am I not worth her time to SPAM me? Scr.w her. I'm never talking to her again. What was her name again?

JohnMichael
01-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Should I feel hurt that she hasn't PM'd me? What's wrong with me? Am I not worth her time to SPAM me? Scr.w her. I'm never talking to her again. What was her name again?

She was targeting new members with low post counts. Once she saw your big post count she knew to move down the road. I wonder if she contacted Melvin?

Rich-n-Texas
01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
She was targeting new members with low post counts. Once she saw your big post count she knew to move down the road. I wonder if she contacted Melvin?
I just KNOW GM's gonna have some kind of perverted remark when he reads this in the morning. :rolleyes:

diggity
01-24-2008, 04:01 AM
i wouldn't mind a massage if she's offering. anyone else want to give me a one?

i may have a small post count but it's what i do with it!

sorry if that is too crude; couldn't resist!:biggrin5:

cheers: dazza

Rich-n-Texas
01-24-2008, 05:18 AM
i wouldn't mind a massage if she's offering. anyone else want to give me a one?
No but I'll give the girl in your avatar one. :ihih:

Scott W
01-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Bigger is not always better:blush2:

Groundbeef
01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Bigger is not always better:blush2:

Isn't that the motto of the "Dudes With Small Units" club?

GMichael
01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Bigger IS better.
Knowing what to do is even better.
Both is best.:ihih:

O'Shag
01-24-2008, 09:28 PM

Hahahaha! Nice one!

By the way GM, is it true you host a party every year?

Scott W
01-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Isn't that the motto of the "Dudes With Small Units" club?
Yep my unit is kinda small compared to some of the others round here ,but it sounds good to me.:smilewinkgrin:

diggity
01-24-2008, 11:35 PM
No but I'll give the girl in your avatar one. :ihih:

thanks rich! i posed for that picture a year ago. had to wax my legs but i think it turned out well haha

Scott W
01-25-2008, 12:11 AM
thanks rich! i posed for that picture a year ago. had to wax my legs but i think it turned out well haha

I didn't see any guys with waxed legs when I was in the Freemantle/Perth area back in 82, just the bottom of a number of pints and had a hell of a time finding my way home from that girls house in the morning.What memories:arf:

diggity
01-25-2008, 03:19 AM
I didn't see any guys with waxed legs when I was in the Freemantle/Perth area back in 82, just the bottom of a number of pints and had a hell of a time finding my way home from that girls house in the morning.What memories:arf:

welcome too the aussie mans life!! :cornut:

Rich-n-Texas
01-25-2008, 07:37 AM

As long as there's a void where there used to be a.... :ihih:

GMichael
01-25-2008, 07:39 AM
As long as there's a void where there used to be a.... :ihih:

I know a "girl" who used to be a guy. Want her number?

Gotta warn you though. She still looks like a guy in drag.

Rich-n-Texas
01-25-2008, 08:08 AM
I know a "girl" who used to be a guy. Want her number?
Yeah I'll BET you do. :nonod:

Gotta warn you though. She still looks like a guy in drag.
Go AWAY!!! :incazzato:

GMichael
01-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Yeah I'll BET you do. :nonod:

Go AWAY!!! :incazzato:

She plays pool too. She's got a 5 rating in the APA.

Rich-n-Texas
01-25-2008, 08:12 AM
How big's her Q?

GMichael
01-25-2008, 08:19 AM
58 inches. Same as most everyone else.

Groundbeef
01-25-2008, 12:32 PM

Not everyone. Melvins is 12'. Exactly.

GMichael
01-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Not everyone. Melvins is 12'. Exactly.

Oh? He's a snooker player?

Groundbeef
01-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh? He's a snooker player?

Yep. Of course he plays "old school" (Laymens= NO PANTS).

Its pretty funny watching him putting it all together. At 12', its pretty big, and a bit unwieldy. But his break...its a thing of beauty.

Rich-n-Texas
01-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Wait a minute. 58 inches? What da hellya talkin 'bout. They haven't made sticks that long since the 40's. Please.

Groundbeef
01-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Wait a minute. 58 inches? What da hellya talkin 'bout. They haven't made sticks that long since the 40's. Please.

I'm gonna call bullsh!t on you Rich. Do you have supportive documentation in the form of old pool magazine advertisements? Anything that would support your rather broad and general arguement?

I thought not. BTW find your speaker yet?

GMichael
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Duh,

This colorful cue has four exclusive McDermott “Rainbow” points in the birdseye maple forearm. There are also four rectangles of maple with rainbow outlines set into the ebony butt sleeve. In the center of each rectangle is a stunning Blue Marble diamond, and the butt sleeve also features sixteen maple index points for a total of 84 inlays in this cue. The wrap is top grain, lizard embossed black leather. It has a 13mm leather Triangle tip and a durable Ivorine III ferrule. Each cue also features a wood-to-wood joint, measures a standard 58" in length, and is available in weights of 18-21 oz.

http://www.poolndarts.com/p-7663--Massey-Artisan-McDermott-Cue/

Rich-n-Texas
01-25-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm gonna call bullsh!t on you Rich. Do you have supportive documentation in the form of old pool magazine advertisements? Anything that would support your rather broad and general arguement?

I thought not. BTW find your speaker yet?
Yeah? And I'm going to call ransid meat on you!!! Not only that but your loose language offends me ! I've spoken to Minnesota Fats and that Italian guy who's name I forget personally and they both told me 48" was regulation length. So how you go from 48" to this preposterous 58" is ludicrous !

That's like saying there's a 500 hp corvette ! A bombastic claim I must say !

Yup. I found my speaker. johnny p took it so I took it back. People these days just don't have respect for other people's property like they did in the 1940's.