Okkervil River ~Stage Names

Mark Olson ~ Salvation Blues

Jim Lauderdale ~ Bluegrass Diaries

Oh Susanna ~ Short Stories

This is just a small sampling,but these get repeat plays

A.

bobsticks
01-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I like Okkervil River. I like Graham Parker. Tell me 'bout the rest of 'em.

ForeverAutumn
01-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Tell me 'bout the rest of 'em.

What 'sticks said. I'm curious about Oh Susanna. That CD is on Six Shooter, isn't it? They tend to represent some good Canadian off-the-beaten-path artists.

opt80
01-22-2008, 07:58 PM
As FA alluded to,Oh Susanna is Canadian.This cd is a "folkier" cd then her S\T.As the tile suggest,each song has a story.I like her voice,very full and a little edgy.

Mark Olson is one of my faves,once lead singer with the JayHawks he left to form the Creekdippers with his wife,Victoria Williams.
Before Salvation Blues he released My Own Jo Ellen and December's Child,outstanding cds IMHO
Salvation Blues finds Olson in the aftermath of his divorce from Williams. This cd is not for the faint of heart.Olson pours his soul into this recording.A paralyzing account of the ravages of divorce.

Jim Lauderdale is one Nashville"s prolific songwriters,His album Planet of Love brought him acclaim.
A student of Bluegrass,the above-mentioned cd is bluegrass without being hyper.Think more of Allison Krauss.
Lauderdale can turn a catchy phrase and his catolog ranges from bluegrass to country to folk inspired.

For a complete list of my 25 best check out Tentozes thread *My Top 25 er 20 * in the Music form at www.audiokarma.org

Regards

Alan